Rancheros in the Movies and TV

Discussion in 'Ranchero History' started by Rancherous, Dec 15, 2005.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Not at all, my girl. I just have zero interest in watching a movie about homosexual,..men.

2. diggette

diggette In Maximum Overdrive

it is more about american (california) politics than anything. don't let the "gay" get in the way of a great story:)

3. TestDummy

Sorry, your sales technique could use a little work :p California and Politics?
    t

4. diggette

oh i forgot...........................there's a ranchero in it:p

5. diggette

i saw a ute on the simpsons:cool:

6. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

I just walked in the house, Johnny Cash,Walk the Line is on TV...
    I looked at one scene only and what do I see??? A green 1965 Ranchero backing outta the driveway...
    Cool!!!!

Buds 67 likes this.
  7. Bearpaw58

Bearpaw58 In Third Gear

I just saw that this weekend too. Certainly caught my eye!! Was that Johnny Depp playing the drug dealer driving the Rancheroo?? (Edit: no it was J.W. Williams, my apologies). I saw it on the tube, but by the time I hollered at my wife, it was gone. I didn't get a chance to look at the grill to see if it was a '64 or '65. Cool to know which, now. You beat me to it. good eye, Barry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
  8. krylon king

krylon king In First Gear

Chips episode 1.03

[​IMG]

Buds 67 likes this.
  9. krylon king

krylon king In First Gear

Starsky and Hutch episode 1.02

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2009
    Buds 67 likes this.
  10. 61RANCHERO

61RANCHERO In First Gear

I just got my 61 Ranchero in a Movie

Last month the final parts of A west texas childrens store was filmed in nearby Brownsville Oregon. I was contacted as we have a restored 1946 Kit Teardrop Trailer and ne was wanted for the movie. We sent pics of the Teardrop, our freshly restored 1957 ElRey 19' Streamline Trailer, the Ranchero and our other six Classic Cars. In the end our 57 Nash was used twice, my 60 Studebaker was used once, and My stock 61 Ranchero had to tow the 19' Trailer though another set. We had to move everything out of the front of the trailer, weight down the rear to get the toung weight off and it looked good sporting the origional gem top canopy and the big fender hung towing mirrors. We spent a couple days with the movie crew and had a good time seing the inside of movie making. My dream was getting a vehicle in a movie, we got four!

Glenn in Oregon

11. As Is '66

Yup!!!

Thanks to digital TV, we get two channel 3...
    one being Retro TV, it has old tv series like Adam 12, Kojak, etc...
    They are scarce but I do get to see a few Ranchero trucks by checking out the scenery in the background of shots...
    Bunches of VWs too, though...

12. As Is '66

Knight Rider series is a treat fer me...
    Lots of VWs and a Ranchero every now and then...
    Kit parked next to one the other evening on Knight Rider...
    White with blue stripe (it has a truck mirror on it) of the 72-76 model years...
    I keep seeing the same V dub Bug a lot on this show, a white one with a single stripe over the top, left side...

13. TestDummy

The old or new Knight Rider? Yeah, what a great show. That Hasselhoff is a great actor :rolleyes:

Just saw this Grabber Blue beauty on an ESPN advertisement during the NASCAR race. Some fat, bald, fool door dinged it while the big mexican owner was placing bags of something in the bed. Sounds like an episode of Carl's life...
    [​IMG]

14. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

I watched Goldfinger last nite for the first time in many years. I saw the 64 Ranchero several times and also lots of other interesting cars and trucks. On Goldfinger's Kentucky horse farm they also had an early 60's Ford wagon with wood trim and a yellow 57 (or thereabout) Ford pickup.

If you were ever a Beverly Hillbillies fan, this is the movie that inspired Jethro to become a double-naught spy.;) Aside from all the great vehicles, it's worth watching just to see that someone actually had the nerve to name a movie character Pussy Galore in 1964.:eek:

15. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

OK, here's a fresh sighting: recent movie The Brothers Bloom -- about 1 minute in, there's a view down a street and centered is a dark green Chero, maybe a '72 -- doesn't figure in the movie, though.

It's a fun movie, Rachel Weisz, Adrien Brody, Mark Ruffalo. Recommended.

16. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

In the beginning of an episode of Pawn Stars last week, a 72-79 is seen squarely from the rear in one of the shots, for about 10 seconds.

17. TestDummy

Dennis Gage just a minute ago said, "...like the Ford Ranchero" on My Classic Car. He was talking about the tailgate/decklid of a Ford Retractable.

18. Alexandr

Alexandr In First Gear

I know it´s a dead thread but in past 10 years there were several movies with Rancheros. And because I love ´74 here are 3 series/movie with this beauty-

Unbelievable (2019)
    [​IMG]

Horrible Bosses 2 (2014)

Unsolved (2018)
    [​IMG]

19. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Well, considering that what you like is in the mid-'70s, if you haven't already seen it, three big bruisers sit in the cab of a '74 Chero Squire and hassle/beat up Jan-Michael Vincent's character. whitelinefeveravi_snapshot_001659_20150408_184649.jpg

20. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Not sure but there is possibly a mid-70's Ranchero in Stallone's new movie Samaritan on Prime.

Watching it now, just caught a glimpse of the bad guys cars.

uuuuu.JPG

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022