Joke of the Day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by colnago, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, we need some COVID jokes!

2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

3. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph's Hospital. She timidly asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"

The operator said, "I'll be glad to help, dear. What's the name and room number of the patient?"

The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, Norma Findlay, Room 302."

The operator replied, "Let me put you on hold while I check with the nurse's station for that room."

After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said,
    "I have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing well. Her
    blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back normal and her
    Physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged tomorrow."

The grandmother said, "Thank you. That's wonderful. I was so worried. God bless you for the good News."

The operator replied, "You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?"

The grandmother said, "No, I'm Norma Findlay in Room 302. No one tells me shit."

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

You pull through?

ForistellFord likes this.
  5. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Yes, and no.

TestDummy likes this.
  6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I guess I didn't know he died at that time. Was it the antifreeze that got him?

ForistellFord likes this.
  7. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

That's why I sad yes and no. I'm not really sure if it was causal.

TestDummy likes this.
  8. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

The Saturday Night Joke
    An 85-year-old man was requested by his Doctor for a sperm count as part of his physical exam.
    The doctor gave the man a jar and said, ‘Take this jar home and bring back a semen sample tomorrow.’
    The next day the 85-year-old man reappeared at the doctor’s office and gave him the jar, which was as clean and empty as on the previous day.
    The doctor asked what happened and the man explained, ‘Well, doc, it’s like this — first I tried with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing.
    ‘Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with her right hand, then with her left, still nothing She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in, then with her teeth out, still nothing.
    ‘We even called up Arleen, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an armpit, and she even tried squeezin’ it between her knees, but still nothing..’
    The doctor was shocked!
    ‘You asked your neighbour?’
    The old man replied,
    ‘Yep, none of us could get the jar open.’

Moar Saturday Night Humor

A man hates his wife’s cat with a passion and decides to get rid of it once and for all. He drives twenty blocks away from home and drops the cat there.
    The cat is already walking up the driveway as the man approaches his house.

The next day, he decides to drop the cat forty blocks away, but the same thing happens.

He keeps on increasing the number of blocks, but the cat keeps on coming home before him.

At last he decides to drive a few miles away, turn right, then left, past the bridge, then right again, and another right and so on until he reaches what he thinks is a perfect spot and drops the cat there.

Hours later, the man calls his wife at home and asks her, “Jen, is the cat there?”
    “Yes, why do you ask?” answers the wife.

Frustrated, the man says, “Put that cat on the phone. I’m lost and I need directions!”