New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Steven Harris

Steven Harris In Second Gear

This is our 67 Ranchero.

Attached Files:

2. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

Welcome Steve. Lots of 67's popping up lately. Haven't seen too many with that side trim (same as mine). Looks good.

3. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome to the site all. Hope you find us and the information helpful around here.

4. frenchdahlonegan

frenchdahlonegan In Second Gear

Hello everyone -
    I'm the newbie here and I really appreciate all your help already :p
    A couple of months ago, I saw a Ranchero for sale on my way to work. Drove by it every day for a couple of weeks and kept telling my husband about it. Had no idea what it was (I had never seen one before:eek:!). He finally reluctantly agreed to come and check it out and we bought it on the spot!
    Since then, I've been learning as much as I can about it and gathering parts to fix it up.
    It's a 1973 GT - original 351 Cleveland with 80K miles.
    After changing the radiator, battery and tires, it's already a daily driver :D.

Now the fun part has begun and we can get in full restoration mode.
    Already located one for spare parts which we're buying today; so you'll see me list a bunch of extras.

Thanks y'all for all you're doing. I cannot emphasize enough how helpful this site is!

5. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

Do you have any pics of it now, would like to see so we can compare when it progresses to a beauty :D and all the extras is always welcome to be on the 4sale list so we can get the right parts for the right price, welcome and congratulations with a good choise of car:):cool:

6. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

My 73 has been a Real daily driver (as in main transportation) since around 2001 You will enjoy it and you may want to stash some of the "extras" as spares.

7. frenchdahlonegan

frenchdahlonegan In Second Gear

Thanks!!!
    I'll get some pics up today!
    :D:D

***update - posted the first 2 on the pics threads.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  8. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone..my name is Justin, and I'm from North Texas. New to the board as of yesterday! I just turned 23 last week and my reason for joining is because I have a 1964 bagged and body dropped Ford Falcon Ranchero. It's been over a year project so far, but it's FINALLY in it's final stages. I'll be posting some pictures in the PICTURE thread.

9. 5.0 Chero

Welcome and how do you body drop a unibody?:eek:

10. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

the same way you drop a honda civic replace the struts with air bags.

11. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

Body drop

Well EVERYTHING that hung below the body/frame line has been raised..new cross member in the front, raised floor, under cubby holes removed, raised tranny tunnel, raised engine mounts..etc. lol It's not the "typical body drop" but in a uni-body perspective, it's like having a body drop lol

12. 5.0 Chero

thats not a body drop....body drop refers to what used to be called channeling dropping the body over the frame... as it seems that mr low knows

13. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

Yep

Yeah me and my buddy that I work with in the shop have done one on a '95 Chevy. Takes a lot of damn time, but sure does make a truck look good!

14. Stylin'70GT

Stylin'70GT In Second Gear

Restoring my GT

Hi everyone, My name is Craig, glad to be here. I have read lots of posts in the past couple of months and look forward to contributing where I can.

I am in the process of rebuilding my 1970 Ranchero GT, 351C-4V, ribbon tach, but otherwise standard interior and options. So far, finding some unwanted rust, but as I'm sure most of you know, that's to be expected. Still don't like it. I'm going as far as I can, cutting, putting in patch panels and welding new parts in. I also just bought a parts car (1971), and will be posting some parts for sale as I go along.

I've stripped the car down to the nubs, and am doing a ground-up restoration. I am replacing worn out pieces and restoring others; powder-coating where needed. Once I've finished the body work, I am coating the inside of everything, and everywhere I can reach with and without a brush, with Chassis Saver. Engine compartment will be getting sandblasted and enameled.

Suspension and steering are also all being rebuilt. Adding rear stabilizers.

The engine and tranny are being rebuilt, trying for mostly stock appearance, but will be a screamer on the insides. We are shooting for 425HP and 11:1 compression. I am rebuilding it together with a race motor builder (machinist) using the original M code 4V heads (ported on both intake and exhaust side). Powder coating engine in early light Ford blue, matching high-temp paint on heads, powered coating intake and valve covers, and pulleys; also hydraulic pump. Decking the heads, indexing and .030 overbore the cylinders, removing all casting lines (engine block and rods) and resurfacing the rods; micro polishing the stock crank; floating pins and full skirt flat top forged aluminum pistons 10.73:1 compression (decking the heads will increase the compression to about 11:1). New double roller timing chain. New harmonic balancer (Romanc), Manely heavy duty stainless valves, hollow stainless exhaust, new angled valve seats, Yella Tera rocker arms and springs. Custom Bullet Cam flat tappet cam in the 112-115 DEG range. Just bought an aluminum A.T. Francis Blue Thunder (Shelby design) 4V intake and 780 cfm Holly Double Pumper. Original FMX Transmission will get a reinforced band and 10" stall converter to around 2500 or 2700. Running original 3.25 open gears. Headers and 2.5''' ceramic coated dual exhaust with flow through mufflers. Broad power range will be between 1500-6800 rpm.

When I get to it, the car will be painted a orange shimmer copper candy pearl, most likely house of kolor, which is a tangelo copper candy pearl; with a purple candy pearl large square GT hood design, and painted and pin-stripped side and tailgate bands (copying original design); however, it will be a purple candy pearl to metallic cream fade with a single reflective grey stripe (the inner stripe in the design, the main outer stripe as with the hood, will be the same color purple). The interior is already planned with the upholstery guys, and they are good. Sewn dash (I have a good pad with only one or two minor indentations, no cracks, but the leather custom fit will be a nice touch, leaving it mostly original. I have the split bench seats (love them btw), and the dash and seats will match, nice dark camel brown leather, cream inserts on the mid seat and back, and purple piping; w/ lighter camel brown carpeting.

My son and I are doing this car together; we are well underway, but expect not to have it completed until the start of next summer season. Heavy body work is done this Summer; Engine starting in the end of August; other body work and mechanical work Fall/Winter. Paint and interior and putting it back together Spring. Start to finish planning a little over 12 months.

15. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Welcome to RancheroUSA

16. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome to everyone, make sure to post some pictures up of your rides!

17. dougchero

dougchero In Second Gear

New to site

Hello my name is Doug glad to have found your site some of you saw my first Ranchero a few months ago on Ebay 1970 GT with AOD and hideaway grille hated to see that one go. Latest is a 71 GT with 351 4V Console car.

18. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

ya i know what channeling is, also know how to Z a frame an pince an draw a frame.....the 23 in my photo is one i did last year.

19. 5.0 Chero

Would have never known that from you Honda Civic remark...

20. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

lol we all have brain farts,,, no b ig deal.:p