Ranchero/Montego update

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Dan the ranchero man, May 28, 2008.

1. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

My hat is off to an amazing transformation. Read the whole thread last nite what a saga.But you left out the part where the Hells Angels go visit the body shop guy...#$%^&*()_*&***:mad::mad::mad:

2. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

No need to visit him and mess him up. He is doing a bang up job of that all by himself!!! As for the paint it will be just fine until my daughter gets out of collage (4-5 years) by then I might just take a wack at painting the damn thing myself. For now it gets plenty of looks (good and bad people are very vocal) Take care Dan

3. estradasteve

estradasteve In First Gear

wow wow wow that's all i can really say i was having second thoughts bringing my ranchero back but after seeing this theirs not a doubt in my mind that im guna get her back on the road. you got one heck of a ranchero there

4. Dan the ranchero man

Thanks steve! Lot's of work but very well worth the effort :)

5. 74Rancherito

74Rancherito In Fourth Gear

That thing is so different and beautiful at the same time.....

awesome......

6. Bart68

Bart68 In Second Gear

Being new to the site I just got the chance to see your start to finish on your Ranchero MX and in a way I'm kind of happy I got to read the posts this way. I think it would have killed me to have to wait to see the finished product and I must say you did an awesome job with it and if I lived in your area I would not use that body shop to paint my kids wagon.

Very nice truck, the colour is perfect and I like stance and your choice of the rims finishes it off just right.

Congrats man it's a sweet ride.

You need to take a side by side picture of both your Ranchero's and change your avatar picture with that one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
  7. BEMA

BEMA In First Gear

OK im going to ask a really dumb question where's the pictures?

8. Ranchero Richard

Ranchero Richard SITE SUPPORTER- GOLD

Go to page one at the top and scroll through

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
  9. BEMA

BEMA In First Gear

All i see is this

[URL=http://g.imageshack

10. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

If anybody in the SF region wants to make a similar car, I saw a Montego sedan yesterday with a F.S. sign in the window. Parked in a yard on Winton Ave, below Hesperian, near the railroad tracks***. Green metallic, looked OK as I drove past it.

*** take 880 south to Hayward, the Winton Ave offramp, head west toward the bay. If you dead-end at a park you've gone too far. Car was on the south side of the street.

11. Dan the ranchero man

12. BEMA

BEMA In First Gear

Pictures work on blackberry, have to see what's going on with computer. Very curious about front end swap as I am in the middle of putting a 2010 cobra style front on my 72.

13. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Overdrive

Wow I read this whole thread and the work is awesome.I am impressed with the level of detail you put into the retoration and conversion and man is that Montego MX look smokin on the Ranchero.Dang that thing is kewl looking and gives it a bad a$$ additude and must say I like this nose the best.The 77-79 LTD Ii never impressed me on a Ranchero,look good on a LTD II Sport but not the Ranchero.I have seen the 77-79 T-Bird & Cougar conversions and not thrilled about those eitherN Sorry about the bad experience but after all that work you did on the jambs would have been better to buy a quality gravity feed spray gun and paint it yourself. Even if you had to pay someone on the side to do the bodywork if you didn't think you coulld do the level of work you wanted but from what I seen your jambs looked as nice as thier paintjob and it still had flaws.Atleast if you messed it up your not paying a fortune for someone else to screw it up.Applying the bascoat is not that hard,the clearcoat is what you have to watch out for as it dries slower and can run if you apply it too wet but don't want it dry either and try to get it to flow smooth without alot oof orange peel can be tricky but you can get the hang of it.Anyway it is an awesome ride and wish I could see it in person

14. Dan the ranchero man

Thanks for the props!! :D

15. bscottie

bscottie In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

well I didn't read all 56 pages but did read many, what a heck of a job. I will see if my patience and budget hold out so I can get my 71 looking as good!

16. 74Rancherito

74Rancherito In Fourth Gear

i never get tired of looking at this ride.....
    awesome.....

17. Rods N Restos

wish I could got to the Forge show September 9-10 and see it in person butII am sure alot more photos of it will be posted after the show but nothing like seeing it in person

18. Dan the ranchero man

I have to clean that badboy up for this show. I have been doin a lot of drivin with it and the bugs in the rad tell the story!!! :D Want it to show nice but I don't trailer mine so there WILL be clean up when I arrive. Thanks again everyone for the completements. I will be focusing on the 74 a little soon to get her up to speed again.

19. Rods N Restos

That's the bad thing about driving to a show,you have to do a major detail at home then turn around and redtail anything from driving it and hope the heck the weather is good and not hit rain on the way or else itks a complete wash and basically have to do the exterior again. That is when you find a coin operated car wash where you can power wash it then dry it off and apply your detail products again. Your MontegoChero is going to the indoor display so it really needs to be clean.Good thing there is transportation to the Hotel so you won't need a ride as from looking at the Forge website it is one huge complex.Have alot of fun and be looking for show updates as I am sure someone will bring a laptop along.

20. Dan the ranchero man

At It Again!!!

Well guys just when you thought this thread was dead!!! I am at it again. I had a 3 spoke rimblow wheel restored buy the Rimblow Buddy in glendale, AZ and they did a great job!! Here is a before and after of the interior with the two spoke then the new three! (it's like Christmas time all over again!) :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]