1965 3-point Seatbelts

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by AimlessMoto, Jun 5, 2020.

1. AimlessMoto

AimlessMoto In Overdrive

I'm swapping over my 65' from dual lap belts to 2 3-point retractable belts and a single center lap.

I have a kit from Wesco for the B-pillar flange, which seems pretty straight-forward; but the retract mounting is another story.

The only place I can mount the retract on the floor is about 8" back from the seat... which kinda kills any storage.

Is there any negative to mounting the retracts to the front of the smugglers bin between the cab and the bed?

If I mount it high enough it will intersect the hinge plate preventing tearing in an accident, and the kit came with some 3", 3/16 fender washers to use as anchors that I would mount in the bed.

Any downside? Anyone try to mount these before?

Thanks!

2. AimlessMoto

AimlessMoto In Overdrive

Nevermind. There is actually a hole WAAAY down at the bottom of the b-pillar towards the front of the car. It's a through hole into the quarter-panel cavity.

3. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Aimless, did you get this kit installed? How did it go? Photos?

4. T16592

T16592 In Fourth Gear PLATINUM MEMBER

Yes, one for me too, thanks

5. AimlessMoto

AimlessMoto In Overdrive

Some pics. I had to mount the retract higher up on the B pillar than normal... but eventually I'll mount it on the sill like it's supposed to. 20200925_083245.jpg 20200925_083227.jpg 20200925_083206.jpg