1965 Ranchero. Not stock it has a 1985 302 with aod

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Jerry38, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Jerry38

Jerry38 In First Gear

I just went and did a little clean up and gasket changes and other minor mods. I know period 289 which it should have was black I just painted the block blue cause I like it better. It's a driver. Before and after pic. New balancer with 289 and 302 timing marks. But using 289 pointer and 289 water pump. So I could remove the long Frankenstein hose they had running to 289 radiator. Drill and install front dipstick. New 289 pulleys and alt bracket cause they had the pulleys also Frankenstein. Lol I know I am not doing it original but I am having fun and like it.

Attached Files:

andrewok1 likes this.
  2. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Jerry .welcome to the site ,neat project ,keep posting pictures, the 302 looks like a tight fit/Andy

3. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Do 'original' if you want a museum piece.
    Otherwise make it yours.

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

So was tbis rig towed to races for racing? Or towed behind someone's M/H?

5. Jerry38

Jerry38 In First Gear

They towed it I think plus they put a makeshift hitch all removable. I too front one's off need to update outside pic. Need take rear off.

Attached Files:

6. Jerry38

Jerry38 In First Gear

The guy I got it from was a truck driver but didn't know much about cars. I work all the time so gave my dad the money and he picked it up for me. If I didn't work so much I would have got more done. Got it in Sept. Put new front suspension on car. Need to upgrade brakes and weld floor board next. Maybe this spring. Kinda hard I need a garage just have car port.

7. Mike1969

Mike1969 In Fourth Gear

How's the AOD treating you?