1966 Ranchero Parts Car - Free

Discussion in 'Rancheros For Sale' started by Cudino, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Cudino

Cudino In First Gear

Hello,

I just finished restoring my '66 Ranchero. For my restoration I bought a non-running '66 Ranchero parts car, a C-code 3-speed. I used all the best parts for my car, so truthfully this parts car now has very few bolt-on parts that are of good quality. It also has a rusted-out pass side floorboard, and some rust around the windshield frame. That said, the fenders, doors, glass, quarters, axle, tailgate, and bed are all in good to very good shape. The typically rusted-out front section of the bed looks OK, but I didn't try to unbolt all those bolts so I don't know for sure. The two 14" tires in the back of the bed go with the car, but they don’t hold air so I have temporarily put on two 15" rear tires that I will be keeping. I was planning on just donating this car, but I figured I'd first offer it for free to any Ranchero enthusiasts who would like to take it away. I am not trying to part this out, I'm really looking for this to just move as a whole to a new home. I do have keys and title, and I am in San Jose, CA. This is my first post on this site, I only recently signed on, so as a newbie please forgive my lack of skill in using this site. If interested feel free to message me through this site.

Thanks,
    - Wade

Attached Files:

2. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Fourth Gear

OK , here’s a question — the onl,y thing I need for my 66 is the wiper knob on the dash. Bit hard to see from your picture what the one on your car is like but would you be prepared to remove it and send it to me in NZ ? I am happy to pay a reasonable price for it . Let me know here or by pm. As you could imagine , there are no 66’s , or any other Rancheros over here available for parts gathering.
    Thanks , Denis.

3. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Denis, if you could provide a good photo of the knob you're looking for, I'll do some searching around my area.

4. Cudino

Cudino In First Gear

Hi Denis,

You mean the chrome knobs? I have one of each type - a 1/2” one that says “wash”, a blank 1/2” one that is for wiper or heater controls, and the 1/4” blank knob for the blower level. I think the one you need is the blank 1/2”, if so the one I have has a small pit but is OK. If you want it then it’s yours, let me know your address and I’ll send it to you, my pleasure.

- Wade

Attached Files:

Freestyle Don likes this.
  5. Kiwirancher

Thanks Cudino , I have pm,d you. Thanks also bb , as above , Cudino May have what I need. I will get back to you if necessary.
    Denis.

Cudino likes this.
  6. Master Blaster

Master Blaster In First Gear

I would love to have this. i just don't know about shipping cost to me in fl. I will check.
    Thanks Don

7. Cudino

Cudino In First Gear

Hi Don,

A local friend of mine transports cars, and is very reasonable. But Florida is indeed quite a distance from me. If you’d like I can ask him for pricing.

- Wade

8. Master Blaster

Yes if you could. also are the Quarters if good shape. Thanks Don

9. Cudino

Cudino In First Gear

Hi Don,

I’d say the quarters are in very good shape. Here’s some more pics. There are some areas of surface rust, and the areas of touched up paint do look ugly (this is how it looked when I bought it), but I don’t see a single rust bubble or blister. I took a couple pics from underneath as well, it all looks good. The last picture may be the most telling, that’s a picture looking at the inside of the driver’s side quarter through the access hole in the bed near the fuel filler neck, and it shows the lower quarter behind the wheel also looks great from the inside. If you’d like any other pics let me know, or if you have anyone in my area who would like to see it in person that would be just fine. Clearly I’m not trying to make a buck on this car, but I also wouldn’t want you to be disappointed.

I haven’t heard back from my transport friend yet, but when I do I’ll send you a PM.

- Wade

Attached Files:

Lincolnut likes this.
  10. Master Blaster

Thanks Wade they look ok mine looked good until i started sanding the outside then all kinds of holes. Let me know about shipping, Also i will check on it
    Thanks Don

11. Cudino

Cudino In First Gear

Don, I just posted a PM to your profile page. If you don't see it let me know because I may not have posted it correctly.

- Wade

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  12. Master Blaster

Hi Wade this is the engine I am putting in mine 250 inline 6 block shaved 50 thousands head shaved 80 thousand biggr cam and roller rockers. tri-powered ford 250 inline 6 with roller rockers and tri-power resized.jpg

Rowen L Love, Cudino and Kiwirancher like this.
  13. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Oh, I like the heck outta that !! :)

14. 67XL390

67XL390 In Second Gear

What shape is the rear bumper in
    How much do you want for it
    And where abouts in California are you located
    Thanks

15. Cudino

Cudino In First Gear

Hello,
    The car is already spoken for by Don, but he told me he doesn’t need the rear bumper. That said the bumper has a deep scratch in one corner and a silver-dollar sized dent in the other, so it’s not in great shape. Here’s some pics. If this is still something you’re interested in you can have it, I’m in San Jose CA.
    - Wade

Attached Files:

16. 67XL390

67XL390 In Second Gear

Thanks for the reply
    I was thinking if you were in So Cal nearby i could pick it up
    but San Jose is a little far
    Thanks for the answer
    Carl

17. Cudino

Cudino In First Gear

No sweat Carl.
    - Wade

18. Kiwirancher

Hi Wade , got a package from ups this morning — thanks ! Nice wiper knob , will fit it today .
    Much appreciated , Denis.

19. Cudino

Cudino In First Gear

I’m so glad you liked it Denis, happy to help!
    - Wade

20. Rowen L Love

Rowen L Love In Second Gear SILVER MEMBER

Holy cow!!!! I can come pick up that bumper anytime time this week,(I'm retired) and if you look at my pics, mine is poorly painted white. I really really NEED that bumper! Please sir, is it still available? How much?