1966 Ranchero

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Blockhead1100, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Blockhead1100

Blockhead1100 In First Gear

Been lurking here for about year now, harvesting the gems you folks put out. Gleaning tips and tricks for the stuff I have been working on. I haven't needed to post yet because I have had most questions answered using this approach. So, many thanks to those on this forum.

I am not calling the car "done" but it reached the money limit a while ago so, while I would LIKE to do more things to it, there is very little probability they will EVER happen. So, close enough.

Here are some sample pictures, you can see more pictures and find out a little more about it on my "vanity" web site: https://www.nealsstuff.com/ranchero

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

plumcolr, Saff54, Lincolnut and 2 others like this.
  2. uk ranchero

uk ranchero In Second Gear

very nice especially the color

3. Blockhead1100

Blockhead1100 In First Gear

Thanks! It looks pretty close to yours, but unfortunately, mine is not a Ford color. This was from a 1997 BMW I saw and really liked; it is a 2-stage paint/color (base color then clear) called Sierra Red Metallic. I have "picked colors" for other cars in the past and had trouble matching paint on repairs. Then I realized that if I pick an existing "modern" car color I can get touch-up paint (spray too) that matches the "new" color. That makes it easy to match paint on repairs, rock chips, interior touch-ups, etc.