1968 Ranchero at Pick Your Part Monrovia, CA

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts for Sale LINKS' started by Jeff B, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

2. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

I used to visit that yard a lot a few years back. Seen a few rancheros in there, usually picked clean.

3. Jeff B

They get older cars in bunches and then nothing for a while. Rancheros and El Caminos (sorry) are pretty rare. If you don't luck out and just find them or get notifications, it does not take long before
    they get picked clean. You see a lot of the older trucks getting cut from the bottom of the cowl to the back of the roof. Since LKQ has purchased almost all of the self serve yards in this area, the yards
    have changed and prices in some cases have gone up.

4. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I buy almost nothing from Pick Your Part unless it the monthly 40% off and even then it's usually too much.
    I miss the old U Pick Parts, More old stuff and DIRT CHEAP.
    https://www.dailynews.com/2015/10/29/sun-valleys-venerable-u-pick-parts-junkyard-to-close/

5. Jeff B

Alden Bros./U Pick was a neat place and it was very close to where I work so I could stop by as needed. In contrast, PickAPart (LKQ) Sun Valley is just up the street and I won't go there anymore. Pricing is arbitrary and not up for
    discussion and they charge 3.00 a head extra to pick the older or "Premium" cars. Huge yard, absolutely useless to me.

6. Jimbob

Was that the place that had a large separated area of old cars, fenced off from the main yard? I asked to go in there once but they told me it was appointment only. The cars there looked complete. They had a few older ones in the main yard, but only 1 or two rows.

7. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

That was probably Memory Lane located next to pick your part. They used the same parking lot.
    It closed about 10-12 years ago

8. Jimbob

Last time i was at the Sun Valley yard was about 2014ish i think Maybe im thinking of a different place.