1969 Engine swap project update, calling it done. Video inside.

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Boiler92, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I think the originals were equivalent to 195/75r14. Found a set of those locally this morning. Getting installed now.

I'll eventually go with something else on Ansen Sprint style aluminum slot mags, if I can ever find a set that fits.

Just need to be road worthy right now. It's sat in my garage and barn long enough.

Lincolnut likes this.
  2. Boiler92

Never heard of Milestar but they'll probably have a lesser chance of a blowout than what I had on there.

20220430_111950.jpg

3. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

They're a very good tire, that's what I put on my daughter's car a few years back. Very pleased with the tire.

Boiler92 likes this.
  4. Boiler92

Took a chance on a road trip. Made it 34 miles round trip to the closest Walmart to get softener salt and back. Found out the Ranchero attracts a lot of attention, especially the wrong kind. I took mostly county roads to get there a county cops met me along the way. He turned around and followed me for maybe 3 or 4 miles, mostly keeping his distance. He closed the distance in the last mile or so getting close enough I suppose to read my license plate and see if I was wearing a seat belt. Finally got satisfied I guess about a quarter mile from my destination and turned off.

Lots of waves and short conversation in the Wally's parking lot with an admirer too.

20220501_114121.jpg

T16592, Kiwirancher and beerbelly like this.
  5. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Glad to see it out & about. But you know, adding a hood scoop probably won't help with the cop thing...

Kiwirancher and Boiler92 like this.