1969 Ranchero GT

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by PonyExpressRider, Jan 4, 2019.

1. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Overdrive

Not sure I put my pictures here... April 2014, began restoration... figure it won't ever going to be complete... anytime soon anyway...

was parked in 1979, returned to the roads October of 2017. First show, March of 2018...

From the Marti Report...

The 1969 Ranchero … of the

386,368 1969 Fairlane-Torinos,
    2,385 were Ranchero GT's. Of which
    183 came with 428-4V CJ Ram Air Engines.
    101 of those had C6 Automatic Transmissions.
    3 of them were painted Brittany Blue, of which
    2 had Blue Vinyl Bench Seats. Of those,
    1 was equipped with Power Ventilation

this is that Ranchero

Attached Files:

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  2. colnago

colnago In Third Gear

Very nice! And if it's never complete, then you're doing it right!

Joseph

PonyExpressRider and Hillbilly like this.
  3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

A 1 0f 1 Ranchero that is actually worth something. Very nice. Looks done to me. Love the stance.

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  4. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Overdrive

THANKS Testdummy! Have had a pretty wide range of value suggested... The car is priceless to me, but have had a lot of people ask. When I tell them the story of the cars history, and how I came to own it. They just smile, nod, and usually make a comment like: well I now I can't afford it. But I have also had people say numbers in the mid-high 5 digits. Then there are the ones, including a few people who know Fords pretty well, who have looked at this car and said 6 digit numbers! Those people scare me! Hagerty didn't come close to most of those numbers, probably because I don't have the numbers matching block in it yet. But once I have the complete matching numbers drive train, date code correct build, I will have the car appraised to see truly what it might be worth. I have cringed at some of the conversations here when guys ask what their cars are worth. I know that everyone has gotten honest and accurate responses. So I am not holding my breath that its the Holy Grail of Ranchero's. But coming from you... that means something! So Hagerty might not be to far off!

The car does have a slight rake to it... the driveway these pictures were taken in also had a bit of a slope, so the rake is slightly exaggerated. But Yeah, I like the stance... got lucky with the coil overs on the back... which I chose to give it a little rake, but more to try and avoid any rabbit hop. It worked! :cool:

5. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yours looks to be showroom floor fresh, and has all the right stuff. Again, awesome (one of the top 3 Chero's on the site, IMO).

My Dad was offered $30k for ours the second time it went out to a show. I told him he should have said $35K and taken it because I think that's high end value. Then again, there isn't another one like it.