1972 ranchero Seattle,wa. $30,000 obo

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Classifieds' started by Melissa Oviatt, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Melissa Oviatt

Melissa Oviatt In First Gear

2. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero MODERATOR Staff Member

Good luck with that....Maybe just maybe at a high end auction but I do not think so

3. Melissa Oviatt

I know but it was my grandfather's truck he build from 2 cars & he passed away & my grandmother said she wants to get at least $25,000 for it, we have receipts to show the $50,000 put into it.
    She has high hopes, lol but times are tuff for her she needs help to save her house, so maybe she will take less?

4. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER GOLD MEMBER

At first look i see colors on stripe, wire looms, engine, Interior , That makes this a personalized taste, & non A/C car , Finding a buyer, at 30,000 is going to be hard in the first place,
    not trying to put it down , these cars don't demand that amount of money , your reality is more around 15,000 to 18,000 , one never gets what is put in to
    a car rebuild , of any type never mind a Ranchero ,I hope you find a buyer that falls in love with it , Andy

5. Melissa Oviatt

Yes custom colors, & interior, but that's it, everything else is stock, actually the paint is an original ford truck color, winter green, not popular but personally it suits this truck. Correct on the price bracket, that's why it says o.b.o but ty

6. 1978GT

1978GT In Fourth Gear GOLD MEMBER

Unfortunately, the amount invested has little bearing on the value. There is no harm in trying, but don't expect to get even half that amount.

7. 5.0 Chero

Sorry we are being brutishly honest here a lot of have been around Rancheros a long time and they are not very sought after if it was a Elcamino you could probably get close to that

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  8. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive

Carl very awkwardly and confusingly speaks the truth. I wish you all the luck in the world, and it is a very nice looking ride, but sadly these beasts just don't command the kind of dough you may think. And as always, sentimental value isn't counted by a buyer.

9. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

You must be bipolar, where did the compassion come from.

10. ForistellFord

It's always been there (for those deserving, anyway).

11. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Lots of non stock parts under the hood, wheels look aftermarket.
    Appears to be a well done restomod.

12. 5.0 Chero

if you really knew me you would know I have a lot of compassion

13. Melissa Oviatt

Obviously I dontdoknow much about cars, but what I do know is my GPA worked his butt off building it, it's very well taken care of he won some awards at a car show & even had it posted in a magazine, I know the price is way too high, but instead of criticising it, why don't you people make an offer? Call my Gma 206-246-7059

14. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

So we at this forum are responsible for not making an offer, sorry, I don't get it. Put it in the paper, Craig's list or eBay. You're GPA did a nice job but this is not an auction house.

ForistellFord likes this.
  15. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Yup, this is a car forum, we talk about cars.
    The good, the bad, and the ugly.
    If a car gets put up for sale here, we talk about it as that is what the site is all about.

16. 5.0 Chero

well thanks John.......did not see this last week.

17. ForistellFord

Like we said, you shouldn't be surprised at the responses here. If there's one place to list a Ranchero that is sure to bring honest observations, it would be a Ranchero fan board. We know these things better than most, and we follow the market. And, as with just about any possession, the premium on sentimental value is only relevant to the current owner. It's clear you don't appreciate the feedback, but it is honest.

I'd like to know, though, where was the money spent on the resto? $50k seems to be far above what a resto like that should have cost.

18. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

True. If that was an all original 72 with 1,500 miles on it, it would be worth $25,000. As far as how the $50K was spent? Maybe whoever did the work charged $500/hour, like a lawyer. Hahaha.