1977-79 Ranchero Front Lights Needed....

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts For Sale' started by robert fry, May 17, 2021.

1. robert fry

robert fry In First Gear

Hey everyone, new to this. I really need some help here. My Dad just purchased a 1978 Ford Ranchero GT. He is 70 and this is his first car he bought for going to car cruises. He has it less than a week and someone backed into it. They broke the driver side front turn signal lamp. I have looked everywhere for this part and i have had no luck. I know that a Ford LTD 2 light will work also, but none of those either. He is so upset and I feel kind a helpless to do anything. I am reaching out to everyone to see if there might be one out there. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I know that lights from a 77-79 Ranchero and 77-79 LTD 2 will work. Thank You.....

2. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

Is the lens just broke or the whole housing assembly(lens and mounting housing)?

3. robert fry

robert fry In First Gear

Just the outside plastic

Attached Files:

4. RickMc

RickMc In Third Gear

In about a month a member will be offering reproductions. His name is John Roach out of Arizona.

5. RickMc

RickMc In Third Gear

6. robert fry

robert fry In First Gear

i click the link, but it doesnt work.

7. robert fry

robert fry In First Gear

8. aquartlow

I may have one DS turn signal for sale have to check to make sure it is good, no cracks and/or minimal crazing. If in good condition, how's $100 for it plus shipping? Also have a PS lens only, no back housing, lens in really good condition for $50 + shipping. Just an option. Let me know

robert fry likes this.
  9. robert fry

robert fry In First Gear

Yes I would absolutely take it, thank you

10. robert fry

robert fry In First Gear

His passenger side is perfect, just need that drivers side.

11. aquartlow

Here are a couple pics, about as near as I could get right now, my warehouse is just too full of stuff to lay my hands on it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. robert fry

robert fry In First Gear

OMG. Yes thats it. He is going to be so happy.

13. robert fry

robert fry In First Gear

let me know how you want this to work. Like payment and shipping. You have no idea how much me and my dad appreciate this....

14. aquartlow

Show me just how much ya'll appreciate this with your wallet...:DLOL Couldn't resist. Send me your address and I will check shipping. I accept Paypal, just make sure it's a gift. It will probably be middle of next week before I can get a shipping quote as well as getting it boxed up. No need to send any payment until then, I won't sell from under you, never have never will.

15. robert fry

robert fry In First Gear

Robert Fry
    727 Horner St
    Brackenridge, Pa. 15014

I have paypal, when your ready just send me your info. I just told him and he cant wait to get back to the car cruises. Thanks again.

16. aquartlow

10-4, I will do it. I'll try to get this done asap. You are very welcome, glad to help

17. aquartlow

I removed light assembly from header, it is in really good shape, but it is a little dirty. The mounting studs come with it and the bosses in the back of the light assembly are in excellent shape, no cracking of plastic. When you get it I would open the light up-now hear me out-clean it up inside and out then spray high gloss silver paint in the reflector area. Re-assemble light with epoxy, I have lost 2 lights due to them coming apart. Opening the light assembly is really easy due to the glue/adhesive is way to brittle now. I did my current turn signal assemblies this way. Hope this helps.

BTW, I will get a quote by tomorrow, have to box this up and get it weighed and all

18. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I shipped a pair to a new member last week using USPS's 'flat-rate' medium box, which made the trek from South Texas up to Missouri cost about $15.50, with insurance to cover $250 value.

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c011

This webpage shows all the flat rate envelopes and boxes by dimensions and the flat rate price. I simply wrapped each lens assembly in bubble wrap, taped and labelled the box, sent it.

19. robert fry

robert fry In First Gear

Thank you, just let me know.

20. aquartlow

This one will be double boxed for sure. I have received boxes badly deformed, rather be on the safe side since these are few and far between.