1977-79 window switches needed

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts for Sale LINKS' started by Jim Elam, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Jim Elam

Jim Elam In Second Gear

Like the title says, I am looking for a decent drivers side window switches. They contain left and right controls, I am looking for the switches in their housing with enough wire attached to splice in to the harness I have.

2. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Are you having an issue with the switches or the housing? The switches I have learned you can pull them out of the housing and flip them 180 and plug them back in and you are good to go. There is one pole on the switch that is not used that is the reason you can get away with that. I have done this on my 79 ranchero.

3. Jim Elam

Jim Elam In Second Gear

Sounds like something I may try. I did a swap from another 78 I have, it worked fine before I put back together. Now it only works when I put pressure on it.

4. Dan the ranchero man

Check the condition of the connector on the switch and the wires on the back of the housing. These do get corroded clean up the contact points with a little emery or scotch bright. Again had the same issue with my 79.

5. Jim Elam

Jim Elam In Second Gear

Thanks Dan, I will do that.

6. Jim Elam

Jim Elam In Second Gear

I was finally able to fix the windows on my car, it apparently pays to double check the connections to make sure they are tight. Thanks again for your suggestions Dan.

7. Dan the ranchero man

Your welcome. Much better to check before buying something that you don't need only to find out the problem never went away. Glad I was able to help take care Dan