Hey, I'm back! After getting frustrated with the Beast for a while and switching to the Mustang, getting that running again and then destroying the power steering system by autocrossing on a very poorly remanufactured steering rack, I decided it was time to get the Beast going again before the snow hit. It's gonna be close, as the snow is supposed to start falling next Saturday. I took apart the transmission once again and looked for problems. I did find one major issue right off the bat, and that was that the reverse drum hadn't fully engaged the forward drum. In part, this was because I had reversed the pressure and apply plates. How did that happen? Well, the instructions in the Rebuilding AOD/AODE/4R70W book weren't clear. The other part was that I just hadn't wiggled them together enough. This had caused three of the reverse clutches to burn up, so I replaced those. Several of the forward clutches had also overheated, but I had some spares from the previous rebuild. Measurements for the intermediate clutches didn't check out, so I had to use the original intermediate clutches to get that within spec. But after that, all the other measurements checked out just fine. At this point, there's not really much else I can do except put it back in the car and see if it works. So I'm hoping that I'll be installing it this week, and testing it on Saturday, maybe even in the snow. Cross your fingers!