1978 ranchero hood

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts For Sale' started by Curtis, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Curtis

Curtis In First Gear

Been awhile since I was on here. Still looking for a hood that will fit this car. Is there anything out there that might work without changing the entire front clip? Anyone ever used a donor hood to repair damage to the hood hinge mount area on a hood?

2. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Fourth Gear

www.car-part.com
    Search 77-79 Ford LTD II as they are same front end as 77-79 Ranchero.
    I found a whole list of hoods.
    Just need to type in your zipcode and find the closest Salvage Yard that has one

Attached Files:

3. Curtis

Curtis In First Gear

I was under the impression from stuff I have seen on here that the 1978 Ranchero front end was a one of a kind and only a same model year hood would fit. but if what you say is true then I have hope that I can actually find a hood that is in good shape.

4. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Everything on the front of a 77-79 ranchero will swap from an 77-79 LTD II. About 6 months ago I just scrapped two 79 ranchero hoods that I was trying give away/sell for over 5 years. The problem is they are big and hard to ship.

5. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Fourth Gear

That's why I suggested Car-Part website as he can type in his zipcode then find the closest salvage yard that has one.
    You might find one on here but may be clear across the country and shipping of large body parts is very expensive.
    He may have to go on a road trip but finding a distance that is more reasonable is what you have to find and that website searches several salvage yards across the country.
    I already posted my search and found several but it was using my zipcode.
    I tried it first using Ranchero with little to no results so knowing the 77-79 LTD II front end is identical I searched that and found a big list of hoods as the cars were probably more popular then the 77-79 Ranchero.

Good Luck

6. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Overdrive

74-76 Torino Elite hood is the same. Ford part # D7OZ16612A. Don't know which one would be harder to find, depending where you are at. The Elite was basically a Cougar bodied Torino coupe. Dan, I thought those hoods were hanging on your garage wall for decoration.

7. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

They where until I needed the wall space for something else. My 79 ranchero has the 73 Montego front end on it now so no needed for the other stuff.

8. Curtis

Curtis In First Gear

I have found a yard here local that has a late 70's LTD 2. I am going to look at this weekend. He only has the one left he has sold several for demo cars.