1979 Ranchero GT

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Holy Diver, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver In Second Gear

Trips around the island

My wife could easily outdo that...

2006 Nissan Pathfinder. We bought it in (I think January) 2007 with 3000 miles on it. In four years she has managed to roll it over to over 50,000!

2. Holy Diver

Let me see your papers!

@ Dan the Ranchero Man - seems to be that about the only paper missing is the window sticker!

3. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

Its about 8.17 times around ecvator that is :D so it's a lot of driving :cool:

4. Holy Diver

Trips around the equator

I'll see first if I can just get it to do several trips around the island. :D

5. Holy Diver

Just parts browsing

I just did a search for exhaust headers for a 1979 Ford Ranchero with a 351W. I want ceramic coated ones. There is only one company which makes these, and they are Hooker Super Comp - $799 ??? YIKES! :eek:

6. Holy Diver

Not a great day for Blue Hawaii

On the way home from work the fuel line from the pump to the carburetor ruptured. I had just filled the tank yesterday, so lost almost $70.00 of gas! Parked on the side of the road, waited for a ride home to get tools and parts. Started it back up just long enough to take this picture to show how bad it was raining gas under my car.

[​IMG]

And, I noticed when I went to pop the hood that someone's yard monkey had come over and scratched the driver's side front fender...

[​IMG]

7. krehmkej

krehmkej In Third Gear

Been there done that. That's about it. After much searching, I got a set of shorty 351W headers for a '72 'chero. They fit pretty good, but I did need to weld on longer 3" collectors. Got 'em coated afterwards.