1979 Ranchero - Project Paint Code WT5084

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Daleo56, Mar 27, 2014.

1. deaconminister

deaconminister In Fourth Gear

That turned out great.

Daleo56 likes this.
  2. Daleo56

Daleo56 In Third Gear

I just got my set of four Ebay'd ($175) 14x6 rims. With beauty rings I have coming ($69) and the used Torino center caps ($76) I am in the set for $320. After the next couple of paychecks I should have enough for the 225/70-14 tires and I will then have the appearance I have been wanting. I really wanted the trim ring look and although 14" rims limited my tire options I can go with BFGoodrich TAs and have the same size and almost no speedometer change. The set came with one beauty ring so I popped the center cap on to see how it would look. The scratches will match the ones on the truck ;-)

[​IMG]

3. Daleo56

Daleo56 In Third Gear

franmosso shared some pictures with me. I had thought about the Cooper tires. Anyone else running them?

Tim Daleo

[​IMG]

4. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Goldfish has a set, they've stood up pretty well.

5. eqshadimar

eqshadimar In Overdrive

Wow awesome progress since the last time I stopped by! Everything looks great. It is motivation for me to get off my ass and get going on Buster again. As for the Cooper tires I just put some on Buster:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know how they will hold up yet since I just put them on. I can tell you that the ones I got have a 50,000 mile treadwear protection which means they will probably still be on Buster when I am no longer around :). I can provide close ups if you would like.

Laters,
    Jeff

Daleo56 likes this.
  6. Daleo56

Daleo56 In Third Gear

I have always been a TA fan but the RWL of the Cooper seems to look more retro. It also does not hurt that it is $100 cheaper for the set!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/coo-39634

I will look and see if there is a local Cooper dealer that has them around the same price.

Thank you both for the help!

[​IMG]

7. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

I run various forms of Cooper on all the family rides. Been very happy with all of them.

Daleo56 likes this.
  8. deaconminister

deaconminister In Fourth Gear

That's what I just put on my Ranchero and love the way they turned out.

Daleo56 likes this.
  9. Daleo56

Daleo56 In Third Gear

Thank you all for the input. Sounds like Cooper has a good reputation here. Let me see if I can find a dealer close by on my next free check.

10. Daleo56

Daleo56 In Third Gear

Been in Florida all week on vacation. Just found out my new beige carpet will be here Tuesday. I had ordered brown from Dearborn but have decided not to use it. Anyone need dark brown carpet for half price? ;-)

11. 72GTVA

Really like the job on the dash pad... might have to find someone that can do that for about 3 of mine...

Daleo56 likes this.
  12. franmosso

franmosso In Fourth Gear

I like the dash!!!!!!!!!!

Daleo56 likes this.
  13. Daleo56

Daleo56 In Third Gear

Finally got to do some work at the shop on the Ranchero. I finished the door panels, remote side mirrors, installed new keyed locks and greased the window assemblies. I cleaned up the beauty rings and got the rims ready for tires. I also have the new beige carpet ready. Once I get back from Hot August Nights I will order the tires and get the installed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. franmosso

franmosso In Fourth Gear

15. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hold the phone! Is that a 70-72 Camaro with a L-88 hood on the bottom right of the shot?

16. Daleo56

Daleo56 In Third Gear

Yes, a 1970. Me and a friend share the shop where we keep our project builds. There is also a 69' RS under the cover in the upper right, two 56' Chevy trucks, a 56' wagon, a 67' Porterbuilt C20 in the bottom front and a 71' K5. I have four other finished 56's that are at home in the driveway. I hope to add a few more Rancheros in the coming years ;-)

[​IMG] https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7387/13457948215_e2710c80ee_z.jpg

17. Daleo56

Daleo56 In Third Gear

I just ordered four new Cobra tires. As of today (not sure of the end date) when you buy $400 you get $100 off so I bought four tires and some valve stems and got them for $304!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191106188599

Tim

[​IMG]

18. eqshadimar

eqshadimar In Overdrive

Yea! can't wait to see them mounted and on the Ranchero!

Laters,
    Jeff

Daleo56 likes this.
  19. Daleo56

Daleo56 In Third Gear

I spent the weekend trying to get as much done on the Ranchero as I could. I finished the headliner, rear window, interior molding and dash installation. I also used some Easy Off on the trim while I had them off and stripped the anodizing off the moldings. I used a bench polisher to buff it up and then reinstalled it. It is not perfect but it is much better than the way it looked before. I still need to do the tailgate, windshield and wheel well trim.

I will finish the carpet this week and get the seat put back in. I also have my Cooper tires being delivered tomorrow and will have them mounted on Tuesday.

I also found a little treat on the side of the tailgate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. 72GTVA

Your car is looking great! That is a lot of very good, high quality work that you have done. Nice job!

Daleo56 likes this.