2 different vin numbers

Discussion in 'Ranchero Vin Decoder/Production Numbers' started by mcgruff1984, Nov 13, 2007.

1. mcgruff1984

mcgruff1984 Guest

my dash plate looks to say 7D47H170729F but the title says 7A47J170729 whats up with that and how do i fix the title if its wrong

2. nsr

nsr Guest

Could be the dash was replaced at one time.
    My 79 has the VIN # on the drivers door plate also, try that.
    BTW, welcome aboard.

I guess it would help if I read the #'s closer. [​IMG]
    check the door plate, if it doesn't match up with the title, looks like you'll have to call DMV about changing the title.

[ November 13, 2007, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: rwitt ]

3. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

one of my `72s had an A out front of th number which caused problems when registering and insuring it...we got it straightened out though...
    Check with DMV to see which numbers they need,FIRST...
    Paper trails ain`t fun...
    edit; OH, and someone may have read th number wrong and sent that number off to be registered???(possibly)

[ November 13, 2007, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: As Is '66 ]

4. mcgruff1984

mcgruff1984 Guest

thanks guys yeah the door plate and the dash are the same i need to figure this out before i transfer titles

5. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Should be able to have the vin verified looks like a typo on old pink

Sheriffs Patrol, you in law enforcement?
    if so run the correct vin through ncic and see if it gets a hit.

6. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Well -- gotta be some simple mistake at the DMV -- but you'd better get clear with them how difficult it'll be to fix it. Sucks to have that happen when you're about to lay down your money for a car you want.

Anybody else watch Reaper on the tube? Where they return the captured souls to hell is a window at the DMV.

7. As Is '66

I hadta get a law officer to fill out an affidavit with th proper numbers off th truck,Hillbilly had a friend doit fer us...
    All is well now though...
    Git it right !!!

8. nsr

nsr Guest

Yep, and ain't it the truth!! :D

9. Petey

Petey Guest

Had a 95 Mustang GT that had three different VIN numbers from the factory. Ran them all thru NCIC and two were tagged and registered. It had a salvage title because it was a theft recovery so that part couldn't be cleaned up easily but the remaining VIN number came up invalid from Ford. The salvage title had been issued in one of the other registered car's numbers. After proving the car was bought legit and proving that no stolen parts were used to rebuild it, Tennessee issued me a new VIN plate and all is well.
    DMV here worked with me and was bending over backwards to help clean up the mess I had.
    Talk nice to those folks and I bet they will help you too.
    Hillbilly

10. As Is '66

Yeah, Hillbilly you got a point there!!!
    I learned at an early age that when you use th tools of good manners you were taught you get a lot more from folks...
    Th paper trail is an exhausting experience fer both you and the folks that are helping you.
    If you work as a team against this evil doing and it seems to work out better...YESSIR !!!
    Good luck on this journey...