2 Rancheros bought today

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Mark Wiggins, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Mark Wiggins

Mark Wiggins In Second Gear

Went to look at a parts truck today and bought 2. The 77 white one had the parts I wanted and it's in good shape. The GT is a 79 looks like the engine has been changed, I am pretty sure it's a cleavland. There is also another engine in the bed and it's also a cleavland.
    01212_7R0chm7tt2K_600x450.jpg 20181108_121308.jpg 20181108_121611.jpg 20181108_121647.jpg

ForistellFord and TestDummy like this.
  2. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

And then there is the clock.

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  3. Mark Wiggins

Yes I needed the Clock

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

The engine in the '79 may be a 351M/400, as the intake has a pipe plug directly behind the t-stat housing, where the Thermactor air inlet pipe would be. Clevelands, whether they had Thermactor or not, have the air inlet bosses cast into both sides of the intake's far rear corners.

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  5. Basstrix

Basstrix In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

It's one of those two since they stopped putting in clevelands by 77...and that's not small block or a 385 series.

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  6. Mark Wiggins

Well I am loading up the white one now, I will get the 79 tomorrow. I can figure it out when they are both home.
    Mark

7. Mark Wiggins

Looking over the 77 and its in pretty good shape, however someone jammed the wrong distributor in and busted the gear on the camshaft. I knew this before I bought it. So my plan now is to cannibalize the 79 gt for the parts I need for the one I already started. Than I might go ahead and fix the cam someday.

8. Mark Wiggins

I hauled the 79 home today got an extra hood and left front fender with it.
    Anyone interested in an Edsel, he has 2 of them plus several 63 - 64 tbirds. If anyone is interested I will give you his number.
    Mark

9. Mark Wiggins

You are correct thanks for the info. Unfortunately the engine that is in the bed has been laying on its side with the plugs out. I am sure its a mess inside.
    Mark