2007 f150 power windows

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Saff54, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Hey guys,so my truck has 335,000 miles still running well,still have the back up issue stalling and running rough but now my power windows will not open or close,locks won’t work unless I open the door till you hear the door open sound,not sure what it’s called,and then the windows open and close,I can only lock/unlock the doors with the remote unless the door is open,it’s an extended cab,I tried pushing the switch between the front and back door(pictured) but nothing changed,any thoughts? ,as usual thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

I experienced a similar issue in another Ford product and discovered cleaning up the ground wires seemed to fix the problem. FWIW, YMMV.

The Wrench likes this.
  3. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Radio,windows quit working a couple months ago on my 07 F250.Was a fuse.Test light all your fuses KO.Maybe you will luck out!

4. Saff54

Thanks guys,I’ll check it out,gonna be honest with ya,electrically challenged,I can build you anything but electrical not so much,sucks driving down the highway doing 75ish and have to open the door to put the window down!pulling up the electrical schematic,lots of ground wires,anyone I should be looking for pertaining to the windows/door locks?as always thanks for any input

5. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Pull the door boot loose inspect wire loom for broken wire(s).Ground is usually behind kick panel.Yeh,I hate electrical gremlins,very frustrating.Check other F150 forums,may point you in right direction..

6. Saff54

Thanks LS,gonna be tomorrow mornings project,thought I was gonna have leaf duty but we had an incredible wind storm on Wednesday and all the leaves got blown into the woods!still lots of leaves on the trees but winters 0D9F34AC-1DD2-4372-A73B-4FF3636B2BC4.jpeg

7. Saff54

Coming...

8. Saff54

That bright spot to the right is the sun,so low this time of the year,if it was July it would be directly overhead,the price ya pay when ya live on top of mortgage mountain!

9. Saff54

Thanks LS,took off the kick panel,all the grounds looked good,pulled them anyway and cleaned them,pulled the boot and low and behold 5broken wires!,thanks for sending me in the right direction or as Tennessee tuxedo always said:phineus J Whoopi your the greatest!(showing my age) 9ECBE369-2463-4515-BDE3-6891D245EAE9.jpeg

Attached Files:

10. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Funnily enough, that does not often happen. I've made pass-thru wiring repairs only twice I can remember since I began fixing car electricals. But, if you take an old hunk of radiator hose after you've repaired the wires, you can secure a 1" wide, 3" long strip to the inside of the bundle, which will afford some further protection to the repaired wires.

11. Saff54

Hey andy, seems strange only those wires broke,power windows and door locks,maybe not long enough from the factory?anyway gonna splice them together,hopefully takes care of the issue,over 300,000 miles but it’s such a great truck,gonna keep it till it won’t go anymore,have my 250 waiting in the wings,but not ready to make it a work truck,had it for 2years come December and I just hit 9,000 miles

12. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

They were the only ones on the edge. I once had a Plymouth that had one wire break in a wire loom behind the dash; it allowed the key/headlamp reminder to keep dinging even when both doors were closed. The harness was across an edge, and just that one wire broke. And the harness wasn't under any stress.