2007 triton trouble code

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by Saff54, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

hey guys,just got my 2007 Ford F-150 inspected and it didn’t pass emissions,it has a 5.4 triton motor,it said OBD diagnostic trouble code p0345 and under that it says OBD permanent fault code 7foa11,I googled the trouble code and it said cam sensor?my mechanic buddy is in the hospital so I can’t ask him for direction,I looked up how to repair and it only showed the 4.6 ,would they be in the same spot on the 5.4?seems easy enough to change ,not sure which side is bad,is it best to replace both?as always thanks in advance

2. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive

Take a look. Right in front where you can get at them.

3. plumcolr

P0345 is bank 2, meaning driver's side. Look on front face of head (facing radiator) you will see a 2-wire connector connected to a black protrusion held in with one bolt. Unplug, unbolt, pull out while twisting, Replace. They are cheap and known failure points.

4. Saff54

Hey plum,thanks,do you think I should replace both?the truck runs great albeit a gas hog

5. plumcolr

Doubt it would be needed, but, hey, they're cheap. And yea the tritons are gas hogs. I average 15, down to 14 in weather like we have now.

And that's after correcting all the problems the previous owner (a municipality) left behind, like dragging brake caliper, never changed plugs, and multiple marginal coil packs. Among others. Of course mine pushes on 6000 pounds pretty hard.

6. Saff54

Yeah I changed out the plugs and coil packs at 100,000 miles,the plugs were just crumbling as I tried to get them out,truck has 260,000 miles and haven’t had any major issues,plugs,coil packs,alternator,starter and driveshaft,I’ve never ever even had to change a bulb,anyway thanks for the help

Attached Files: