2020 Shelby Cobra

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TestDummy, Jan 14, 2019.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Listen to this beast. Daddy like. Daddy like a lot.

2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Nice pipes, but fugly. J Mays got right back in '05.

3. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

When I was at the Vegas ford stealership,they had a shelby raptor baja sitting in front showroom.Sticker was around 120K,but they werent embarrassed to ask
    150K with dealer markup.Probably do the same on pricing the cobras.Maybe if I win a lottery jackpot..

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Of course. It was like the first Vipers from Dodge, they were coming out, and every swingin' d(u)ck with a briefcase full of cash was vying for one; the 'sticker' price was $65K ATT, but according to a friend of mine, whose dad owns the Dodge dealer here in Everett, the cheapest one they sold that year was 85K, the most was 102K. More dollars than brains and common sense combined.

5. TestDummy

But first they give Leno one for free.

6. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Local dealer has various Shelby, Raptor, and other "premium" models on the floor - and they have the standard window sticker, and another one added locally that states "Market Adjustment" - and that ranges between $20,000 t0 $40,000 (one was marked up $50,000). Before I ordered my '16 GT I was considering a Shelby they had on the floor - but the market adjustment killed the deal immediately. Happy with the one I have, it has more of everything desirable and don't really have anywhere to use it all, regardless (local and State Police don't seem to see the humor in letting the big dog eat from time to time).

Hillbilly, Kiwirancher and TestDummy like this.
  7. TestDummy

Last spring there was a white Hellcat at our local Dodge dealer with a market adjusted price of $77K. The end of summer it was parked on the front lawn of the dealer with $57,000 in the front window, less than the sticker price. I actually thought about it, for a about as long as it takes for the Hellcat to go from 0-60.

Kiwirancher and ForistellFord like this.
  8. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Those things were easily fetching those premiums until the Demon came along.

TestDummy likes this.