3RD,ANNUAL RANCHERO ROUND UP /Dates March 27–29, 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by andrewok1, Dec 12, 2019.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Sorry, Carlisle doesn't even crack the top 10.

https://jalopnik.com/the-ten-biggest-car-shows-in-the-world-1623265207

andrewok1 likes this.
  2. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

the last two years we have had 2 Ranchero its a show ,no matter how big , Caviar, Deelagance OR mushyBOILD peanuts, Ranchero Run-UP

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  3. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Carlisle IS the Biggest I`ve ever seen :D
    And I only been there once,
    D

TestDummy likes this.
  4. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

And I would counter with who cares? It isn't a contest and nobody here has a dog in the fight.

Its a car show I go to every year. Never been to the dream cruise.
    I have been to Carlisle. It was small but the weather was awful.

2 Rancheros in itself makes it a great show.

5. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Test Dummy should get his hall pass and bring his down there.

Buddy Porter likes this.
  6. As Is '66

Thank You @cbolt for hosting this Florida Ranchero Roundup...
    I know the Ranchero turnout sometimes is scarce at our events...
    BUT we Members who attend these getogethers have lasting memories and a Great Ranchero Family Bond....

I KNOW,
    Den nis

7. cbolt

The bad part is there is always a few extra Rancheros at the Daytona events but they don't seem to be on this forum. The size of the event pretty much makes it impossible to pimp the site to them. If I had some business cards I could leave them on the windshields... maybe ill do that.

8. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Those extra rancheros are kinda' frustrating, Especially when you took time to inform the owners that our club set a designated class only for Rancheros and gave them a royal invite - - Only to see not a single one take the trouble to show up and share their award winning rides at our show. At least ten beautiful restored Rancheros in my area that you spot out on nice days, but show day - ZERO. As Is and I talked about this happening at a few shows, I finally gave up inviting them.

9. cbolt

Yeah, why not be involved with an additional source of information about your classic car I wonder. If not involved at least aware of it. Frustrating indeed.

10. As Is '66

Yeah @cbolt I have Ranchero USA stickers I place IF the owners are`nt available...
    NO O do NOT stick `em on ;)
    D

11. TestDummy

Yeah, I'm going to bring it 700 miles to a small car show. Right. If I was retired. And had a nice truck and trailer. And tons of money. I still wouldn't do that.
    When someone posts an untrue statement, it should be corrected. That's in the Bible. But, to be fair. I don't care much.

12. Buddy Porter

Buddy Porter In Third Gear

I'll look up were Tullahoma, Tn is but I know were Dawsonville, Ga. is, it isn't that far from me, so I might try and make that or both maybe!

TestDummy likes this.
  13. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Oh, Puh-leeeeeez. Be honest, you just don't wanna wipe the drool from the other members off. :p

LSChero and andrewok1 like this.
  14. TestDummy

That's disgusting, and hope it's just drool.

15. Hillbilly

Buddy, my wife and I were in Southern Wheels "N' motion for over eleven years. Things change. We got tired of busting hump nearly all year long to get things aligned for what it took to have a good car show. Never did get to show off my rides, too busy. Got disenchanted with the up-keep and sold most of my cars to a guy in Sweden. Still have a few and Dad's rides to play with so we go to a few larger shows every year and that satisfies the urge. I haven't kept up with my former club members, don't even know if they are having a Father's Day show this year. Untill I know more stick with Dawsonville.

Buddy Porter likes this.
  16. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

not a trailer Queen is it ,?? of course Drool could be hell on paint
    afraid of dirt :p:p

Buddy Porter likes this.
  17. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

18. cbolt

"Yeah, I'm going to bring it 700 miles to a small car show. Right. If I was retired. And had a nice truck and trailer. And tons of money. I still wouldn't do that."

Meaning: I couldn't get a hall pass. :p

Its about the adventure. I have driven further for small shows. I love driving my cars long distance especially to meet other club members.

19. Buddy Porter

Buddy Porter In Third Gear

I drive my Ranchero everyday and am thinking about driving over to the Dawsonville show. This might be a stupid question but what are the dates for the 2020 car show there, and if any of y'all are going. Also the dates for the Tullahona show, it shows it's 2 hours from me here in northwest Georgia!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  20. Hillbilly

Asked around and the Tullahoma Southern Wheels Car Club seems to have abandoned having a car show in favor of attending cruise-ins and has no posted dates at this time. You might consider a trip to Culman, Alabama to check out the Eckenrod Ford dealership all Ford car show April 10. Andrewok, Dad and I attend as often as we can and plan on being there this year. Eckenrod's is also a spring meeting of the Fairlane Club of America bringing in quite a few neat cars you would enjoy seeing. As Is 66 (Dennis ) needs to chime in with his knowledge of the Dawsonville, Mountain Moonshine Fest.

cbolt and Buddy Porter like this.