427 Side Oiler

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts For Sale' started by Hillbilly, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Spring cleaning at Dad's shop is starting real early this year. Gotta' make room for more projects so the clutter in the floors has to go. Now that the Thunderbolt is happily singing it's new tunes we ended up with a Holman/Moody freshly rebuilt 427 Side Oiler complete that we don't plan on using. Lemans rods, two four barrel Holleys with the linkage, water and fuel pumps, distributor, flywheel and clutch, have a Lakewood scatter shield that fit's it too. Ready to drop in and show the troops some old style muscle. I don't have the spec sheet in front of me but I can get it with a phone call. My 427 in the Comet has proven to be reliable as have the others in the cars Dad owns so we decided to sell it. I don't forsee needing a spare any time in the near future.
    $13500 firm then you can cause the earth's rotation to stumble too.

2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Wow!

Carl or Sean or LSChero should jump all over that. (Watch out for FF, he'll try to low-ball you and get you to deliver it for free too!).

Wish I had something to put it in...

3. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive

I was *just* about to mention I have a crisp twenty dollar bill doing nothing. Thanks a lot, Dan.

4. 72GTVA

I strongly suspect that Ken is well aware of your tendencies and very impervious to your charms (or lack thereof). Take that $20 and multiply it by 7,000 an you are in the ball park for getting it and having it shipped to you. :p

ForistellFord likes this.
  5. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That is a crazy awesome engine. A neighbor in Michigan had one in a black 4-spd, 66 (?) Galaxie. It was one of the coolest sounding engines I've ever heard. If I had $13K, I'd still pass, though. I'd build a pole barn instead to hold the Ranchero I already own.

6. 72GTVA

Did your dad finally let you have it back? (That was a long time for daddy to have taken the T-Bird away...)

For me to get that engine I'd need a $100,000 or more lying around - the $13.5K for Hillbilly, $30K to build a new shop, and at least $55K to buy something good to put it in.

plumcolr and ForistellFord like this.
  7. TestDummy

Where've you been? Dad gave up his license mid-summer (can't see well), then threatened to ship the Chero down to me, even though I had nowhere to put it. My financial budget has priorities (new HVAC, kids college, etc.) and building a garage doesn't fit it right now. Dad told me to buy one of those plastic carports, but I instead had the Ranchero put back into my father in laws pole barn, where it was when he stole it from me 9 years ago. One day I'll get it down here. Or sell it.

8. 72GTVA

You could sell it to FF, he needs a new source of iron for his yard.

9. TestDummy

It's worth more than the $1,100 he'd offer (minus shipping and handling).

10. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive

Love to have it but then I'd need to buy something nice enough to put it in.

11. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I knew that this would be one of those Unobtainium items, when I saw 'side-oiler.' And I'm very sure some big-money restorer will *ahem* 'pony' up those Unobtainium bucks for it.

12. Hillbilly

Someone will Andy. The price is based on the fact those don't just fall out of the sky like in the past. We were born in the wrong era, stuff like that was more easily found by folks older than us. Kinda' like buying Boss 429's in the crate from Holman/Moody for a whopping $1,000 each. We also have a nice running fresh rebuilt 2V 351C out of a 1970 Ranchero. It needs to find a new home somewhere other than taking up floor space in the shop. I haven't a clue as to what a fair price for it would be. If I got rid of the seven engines in my shop I'd have room for another car.

13. ForistellFord

I can help there.

14. TestDummy

We all can help in that respect. Being experts and all.

15. Hillbilly

Well, the more I dig, the worse it get's. Any of you " experts " know anyone hunting a 1964 Buick Rivera ? Or a nice Honda Goldwing scooter ? Starting to remind me of an episode of Barn Find Hunter.

16. TestDummy

You really have a Riv you are selling? I actually have a friend who might be interested.
    This one is the sheeeet!

[​IMG]

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  17. Hillbilly

No kidding. The one in your pic is definitely different. This one I have is copper colored. Pretty much original needing a full restoration including an interior wood kit. NOT a rust pile. The original owner's wife was the primary driver until it was retired to life in a dry basement of the auto parts house they owned. O'Reileys bought out their business and the car moved to my barn. It lived in that basement approx. from 1975 to 1999 then hasn't moved from it's spot in my barn since. The original owner is deceased but I am good friends with his son who came by yesterday and reminded me that the car was here. As we talked he revealed that he had to face reality that he would never be able to restore this car - So it be for sale. 64 has the grill with open headlights like the white one in your pic. I would venture that a serious buyer should come in person or send an appraiser to check it out before making his offer. Sorry, I have no pics of it currently. If he is serious, pm me and we can hash it out. Oh, I liked the way he worked over those Pontiac rims.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  18. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER GOLD MEMBER

, let me know on this engine , its just a stock rebuild or performance build

19. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

$13,500 + $10,000 = :cool:
    https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/hesperia-1963-ford-fairlane-no-motor/6790902280.html

TestDummy and ForistellFord like this.
  20. ForistellFord

Dang, that's a sweet combo there.