429 boss

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Saff54, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Hello,just saw this engine for sale,60,000?what do they mean when they say a T engine?is that price out of control?its on ebay CFBB4219-9E37-4827-B72E-22D708FE254F.png

2. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

You have "S" and "T" Boss 429 engines. Street and track is what those letters mean. $60K is a bargain for a runnable engine. The one in my avatar came in and still is in a 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II. Fun little engine it is. Really doesn't need the first three gears in it's four speed box. You ought to grab that one but it will take a lot of massaging to squeeze it into a 67.

Saff54 and Dyno like this.
  3. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Definitely not in the budget!thanks for the info!

4. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

One's enough here . All those "O" rings instead of head gaskets is enough to take years off your life from fear that one is out of place during a rebuild. Almost as good as sex though when it fires the first time and no leaks. Still dry after many years, I count my blessings.

5. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Yup, first time I had one in the shop I thought "what the heck are these?" referring to the cooper rings and ALL those rubber/steel O-rings. I ended up putting the heads on with the block upside down to keep them all in place.

6. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive