6.0 250K It died to soon.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 1965 Ranchero 66G, Feb 12, 2018.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

*cue Deliverance banjo*

:D

2. handy_andy_cv64

Ah, yeah, pain. I just muddle through; I'll be doing the work on Babe the next few days, I'll definitely be feeling it.

3. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Count yourself lucky, as for me well when I slide into the Pearly Gates or the other option, one is redemption and the other I'll be to useless to mess with, either way I've had a hell of a ride.

4. 1965 Ranchero 66G

As for the shattered teeth, I couldn't imagine how that could happen to you.

5. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

10 years old, a curb jumped up and hit me in the face.
    On a bicycle, going fast down hill heading into a right turn.
    Someone had decided to do an oil change on the street without using a drain pan.
    Lost the top of one tooth back in 82 when I was sucker punched by a guy who thought he and his buddy should try to mug me. The look on his face when I didn't go down was priceless.

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  6. 1965 Ranchero 66G

I have to admit that i always loved the look on their face when push came to shove and they took the first shot, i think the smile on my face told the rest of the story.

7. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

That smile is reflexive as the hands come up even before the world stops tilting from the blow. Many pro boxers claim that conscious control of the fight is lost at that point but that the near inability to feel pain in that condition is what gives the edge.
    That said, if there is going to be a fight, I prefer to throw the first punch. I don't however, hit someone then stop to see what is going to happen. In my opinion, going to jail and court is far superior to losing a fistfight to a guy who can beat me.
    I am an inch shorter than you and 255lbs.

8. handy_andy_cv64

Right. As a white guy from the wrong side of the tracks in St. Louis once told me, "You cannot give up. You knock the sucker down, grab something to beat their @$$ with, and go to town." He then told me, when his family moved to the right side of the tracks, how the kids would do the Marquess of Queensberry rules, where one throws a punch, knocks the guy flat, wait for him to stand up. Not this guy, he'd knock the guy flat, grab a board, and go to town. Which astonished the guys, who decided it was best not to ever mess with him.

9. 1965 Ranchero 66G

I never said that they connected, I've been hit in the head twice in my life from the start of the fight, once by my schizophrenic stepson who caught me with a sucker punch as I was turning around and the other by my best friend in an argument over who was going to get the girl, that was 40 yrs ago and she is presently my wife. As far as waiting for them to get back up only a fool would do that, my Dad always told me if it gets to the point you can't walk away then finish it and that there are no rules in a street or bar fight all objects in reach are fair game.

10. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Follow up, picked it up last week and very happy with the results. 4 injectors 2 glow plugs and a FICM, $1700. and change.

11. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Right on!