63 Interior Color Codes

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by Charlie63, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Charlie63

Charlie63 In Third Gear

Where could I find info on the interior color codes for my 63? Now don't say look at the door plate, as the driver's door is from a 64. (The rest is all 63).

And as a follow-up, where could I find what items/pieces were what color for that code?

Make sense?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010
  2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Have your ordered a Ford 999 report or a Marti Report for you car?

3. steeread

steeread Guest

Might try contacting OFI (Original Falcon Interiors) at the following link:

falconcomet1963@Earthlink.net

Web site isn't much, but he will mail you a price list of interior items for Falcons, Rancheros and Delivery Wagons after contact. I got my steerhead upholstery and two-tone Futura-style door panels from OFI.

http://home.earthlink.net/~falconcomet1963/

4. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

The reason I suggested the Ford 999 or Customer Relations Center report is it is free and tells you some good info that you might be able to use to figure out some of the interior puzzle. Funny thing is the Ford report has errors such as the bench seat (always had the buckets) and missed quite a few options and listed some that weren't there. Here is one of mine:

[​IMG]

The Marti report goes into more detail but costs Rancherobuck$$, and can be a little steep if you go for the elite report. The Marti report and door tag had one error, my original interior trim code is MAC on the sticker, Marti lists it as MA. With the Marti report you do have the option of them making up a correct door tag for your vehicle. This is on the same car as the Ford 999 report above:

[​IMG]

Neither report is perfect but there is some useful information. Some folks here like the Marti Reports, some think they are a waste of money.

5. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

If you really can't afford a Marti report, call Ford for a "History 999" report and see what they give you. A Ford 999 report is usually close to being accurate, but rarely 100% accurate. On the other hand it is free...

6. Rayell

Rayell In Overdrive

Charlie you made a typo: the 64 door will not work because of the outside sheetmetal. Maybe a 61? IIRC: the inside paint was the same as the outside. There were only two interiors one for the standard model, and one for the deluxe, and all had bench seats, and were ugly. If you remember I did mine in the Futura OEM pattern, and special ordered it in pearl white, to go with the red painted metal. If you call Lynn at www.ponypartsplus.com you will get the best deal. She sells the same interiors as Dearborn Classic, for a better price. Mention my name and she will give you a better price. I buy my stuff from her and have sent a lot of my friends to her. Any interior you see in the Dearborn Classics catalog for a 63 two door Falcon will work and looks better. Another good thing is that she will sell you just the items that you need. Everything for mine except armrest and visors cost me $695.00 including shipping. Of course it will be somewhat higher now. This included an extra yard of material for the windlace, and shirt behind the seat.

7. Charlie63

Charlie63 In Third Gear

You're right. :( I meant that the door is off a different 63, so the VIN on the door doesn't match the VIN of the car.