64 V8 Pwr Strg LH Out Bd. tie rod ID?

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by INSPECTOR, Feb 15, 2017.

1. INSPECTOR

INSPECTOR In First Gear

Hi all, I have a 64 Ranchero, V8 Pwr Strg LH OB Tie rod that I need to replace. I am having no luck in the identification of my worn tie rod. I have attached several Pics. of what my truck has. Hopefully these will help you in the outcome of my problem. My Pwr Strg Pwr Cyl has a part number of 128517 Mfg by bendix with a date code of 3K12B.

If Ford has a superseded Tie rod that will fit I would be happy to find the PN, so I can get my 64 back on road.

Attached Files:

2. Lowrider

Lowrider In Third Gear

If your looking for just a replacement part Rock Auto lists plenty of tie rod ends for your vehicle. One choice lists a cross reference of C5ZZ-3A130-B and C5ZZ-3A130-D for the right outer.

3. INSPECTOR

INSPECTOR In First Gear

Thanks for the info Lowrider, I have been on Rock Auto and have studied the tie rods they have. My LH OB tie rod is angled in one direction and the Moog ES336L is angled in two directions, I understand the change was made for a possible clearance issue some time in the production year but is the ES336L interchangeable with what I have?

4. Lowrider

Lowrider In Third Gear

Looked up tie rod ends on my Ford 60/64 cd. For the right tie rod end it lists the same for both ps/ms.C3DZ-3A130-H
    For the left it lists C3DZ-3A131-J for p/s and C3DZ-3A131-G for m/s. Unfortunately there are no pictures. Looking at the information and pictures on RockAuto it looks like you only have 2 choices (I'm not including the 6$ one) for a left side tie rod end. Their listing information is consistent with the Ford cd. If it were mine I'd order either the es336l Moog or the 45a0039 Delco.

5. INSPECTOR

INSPECTOR In First Gear

Thanks again Lowrider. You have been a great help. Hopefully I can find the right tie rod with the Ford part numbers you have supplied.