66 Ranchero bench seat upgrade

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by Roger Hassard Sr., Nov 19, 2018.

1. Roger Hassard Sr.

Roger Hassard Sr. In First Gear

I finally got the 66 home and I have a question

I'm looking to upgrade the bench seat
    What has everyone else used
    From what year and model works for the older rancheros

2. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I installed ProCar scat 90 bucket seats. The brackets from ProCar for the 66 Fairlane will bolt right in. I had to slightly elongate the holes in my 67 floorpans to get the brackets to mount properly. The seats are comfortable and not much more expensive than finding and reupholstering factory ones, perhaps even less.

3. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hey cbolt, do you have any photos of those Scat seats in your car? I considered those at one time too.

4. cbolt

I don't have any pics handy, but would gladly send you some if you like. I am on vacation for the holiday but will be home mid week and can take a few pics when I get back. Let me know what you need.

5. Roger Hassard Sr.

Thanks colt
    I think I found something that might work
    I measured the seat in the ranchero
    and found out that a 99 Dodge Dakota seat is the same size as the original now I just have to figure out how to mount the seat sliders

Thanks Again Roger

ForistellFord likes this.
  6. beerbelly

Thanks cbolt. Whenever you have time, a couple of shots of what they look like in your car would be great. How's the height on these? Some folks have used early Mustang buckets, but I've heard they sit too low.

7. cbolt

The height is just right for me. I will post shots when I get home. I like having the head rests which is why I opted for the seats I installed. There were other models that had no head rests if you would rather go that route.

8. cbolt

I took pics and sent them to Andrewok1. He has better computer skills than I do and should post them shortly.

9. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

LOOK TO BE SOME NICE SEATS ,
    20181129_083129_resized.jpg 20181129_083138_resized.jpg 20181129_083149_resized.jpg

ForistellFord and Kiwirancher like this.
  10. beerbelly

Thanks you guys. Those seats look great! They have a real classic era-appropriate look without all the crazy bolsters that some have.

11. cbolt

Thanks Andy for posting the pics for me and thanks beerbelly. I chose those particular seats for the almost retro look and head rests. I have been pleased at how comfortable they are as well.

12. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

They do look very cool in there;don't worry about the fact they and the console are black, as Babe has a black console with an '87-91 pickup steering wheel.

OCD BE DAMNED!

13. cbolt

If you look closely the sides of the console are dark blue. Eventually the console will be trimmed with silver lines to match the dash panel. Its still a work in progress. I don't have plans to change the seat color at this time. I like them just the way they are. :)

14. Roger Hassard Sr.

Just to let you know I bought a bench seat from a 99 dodge dakota pick up it's the same width and height as the original seat the only difference is the high back