67 center console

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts Wanted' started by Saff54, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

AE883034-3ED6-475D-ACFE-5AB8E62DAAED.jpeg afternoon all,looking to spruce up my stock center console,looking rough,complete console or chrome shifter indicator (as pictured)thanks in advance!

2. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

3. Saff54

Hey LS,I’ve checked e bay,Craigslist all around the country to no avail,riogrande just got a 67 parts car but he sold the interior already,the chrome is pitted but restorable,but if you look closely between the park and reverse its gouged out pretty bad,I’ll keep on looking,gotta be out there somewhere!

4. Unclebrad

Unclebrad In Third Gear SILVER MEMBER

5. Saff54

Hey brad,even with the big gouge,it would be restorable?kinda new to this,thanks for all the tips guys!

6. Unclebrad

Not 100% sure. My experience with the chrome shops is limited. But those guys on the velocity channel seem to be able to get ANYTHING fixed up like new. ;-)

7. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Won't be cheap. Places like Advance Plating in Nashville, TN. can repair that and way worse damage. Look for Potmetal repair from the chrome plater of your choice.

8. Saff54

875D7B08-85D4-4FF8-ACE7-92DEBB0B5EFB.jpeg Thanks gonna check it out,only thing left to make the interior presentable

9. Unclebrad

Wow! That looks great!

(Is that the 67 a/c vent panel? Looks a lot like the '68.)

10. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

11. Saff54

Hey brad,it is origional,came with factory AC
    Thanks ribald I seen something on line called muggy weld?.im gonna attempt to repair it myself,I’ll let you know how it comes out,Thanks for all the help guys!

12. Saff54

5DE95F7F-BA56-40A5-8852-1AF62B792CFE.jpeg just an FYI,the instrument cluster in my interior picture is gonna be for sale,my origional was trashed,found that one on e bay but it didn’t have factory air,I cleaned it up and painted it and installed,I Found and bought a instrument cluster a couple of weeks ago on eBay with air conditioning so as soon as the weather breaks I’m gonna clean and paint it up and install in my 67, Lens, backplate, factory clock will be availabl too,pictured is my new one,message me directly if interested

13. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Muggy weld has some good products, but the welding ones are not as easy to use as the videos make out. Also with a weld you will have a lot of cutting, grinding and sanding as aluminum and pot metal welds try to flow like solder.

14. Saff54

Hey ribald,went on the Alvin website,that’s definitely the way to go,there right in Everett mass,10 miles from home, I’ll send some pics when it’s done,thanks for the help

15. dbailey

dbailey In Second Gear

Are you looking for the "Complete Center Console" or just the "Chrome Shifter Bezel Plate"? The chrome bezel plates come up on Ebay all of the time and very in price ALOT! From $25.00 to $200.00 with most of them selling for around $50.00-$75.00 in good condition. When looking on Ebay also check Mustang, Toreno, Mecury Couger and Thunderbird as they are all the same part.
    Good luck!
    Dan

16. Saff54

Hey dan,just the chrome bezel,I’ve only looked for ranchero/fairlane,didn’t realize those other models were interchangeable,I’ve been looking for awhile,only seen one on eBay that was worse than the one I have,thanks for the info!