69 R code project

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Dyno, Jun 20, 2017.

1. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

2. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Just getting back from Mountain trip always relaxing at the cabin!
    Andy sounds like the "fish" story to me. Ha Ha
    PER Doors had been fixed previously.
    When getting back didn't bother asking as they are losing the lease on the place end of September. So figure should have back before then. Then I get to reassemble her even what I didn't take apart but got that way. Body manuals leave something to be desired in that regard. Try to hold myself to not rushing thru it when I have her back in garage.
    Rims I want are on national back order alternatives are also. So maybe I give it another month before looking again.
    Have plenty going on right now between work, car and excavating work at cabin a few hours away Need a spot for my garage to be put on figure 30 x 40 shed should give me a place for toys.

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  3. PonyExpressRider

Been there, done that... let me know if you need pictures. I did have an advantage, in that, I got to take mine apart. I have lots of pictures, and I can always go to the car.

4. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Thanks for the help on that will let you know as I get into her.
    Yours always looks nice in the pics you post.
    Talked with my godson and he is interested in helping put her back together, has been doing some car work as a job so should give him something different to work on. Got to keep some of the younger ones interested in these older cars. He actually helps out he may get the SVO for helping.

PonyExpressRider and beerbelly like this.
  5. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Picked up some of the parts at paint shop other day. Here's a pic of one that they painted .
    My question is : Ranchero part?
    I don't think so but hey who knows I could be wrong. It's some of the stuff that happens when ya buy a car in pieces!
    Good for color show/

Attached Files:

6. PonyExpressRider

I don't recall anything like that on mine.

Do like the color.

7. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Thanks PER.
    Still can't imagine picking that color from a chip in brochure like original owner did.

8. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Went to body shop monday and here's some pics of progress. The wet sanding of primer is being done with 800. I'm not used to going that fine before paint.
    Have to go to the shop tomorrow will see what else is in paint.

Attached Files:

9. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Here's some more pieces painted . Bed was prepped and sealed was supposed to be painted today.

Attached Files:

LSChero and Boiler92 like this.
  10. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Man, we're gonna be able to see your rig from five miles!

11. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

I hear ya Andy, hopefully it don't draw the unwanted attention. I hate flashing lights in back of me.
    Original owner really liked that I kept the factory color on it.
    Now to get rims and tires ordered to dress her right . Aftermarket is getting tight on these. The rims I wanted have been on back order since before June and it don't look like they will be in stock any time soon.

12. PonyExpressRider

Really like that color!

Are you going to put the "C" decal on? White or Black?

13. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Thanks ! The color is growing on me, never liked the red's . But doing it original color maintain some originality along with the white interior. Never liked white interior being a mechanic. Should be eye catching to look at when done. Besides that with the 428 CJ Ram air is what makes it one of 5 built, per Marti . Eventually I should probably get the top level report to see what it comes in at, where they try to get ya to 1 built that way. I'm good where it is don't think i will bump into others out and about.

Yep. White non reflective have them laid out flat in "interior" room with lots of other parts for assembly.

I've had worse colors depending on how ya look at it as in a '71 Plymouth dustbucket (duster) it was In Violet Metallic ( Plum Crazy) factory color with 340 /727 combo Factory. Alas that was back in high school. Traded it for a '68 mustang in Brittany blue that was a fun car, would pull the front off the ground on take off if traction was good 289 was working!

14. PonyExpressRider

Marti does gets creative sometimes to get to that 1 of 1... the first four lines of yours should be the same as mine.

of the 386,368 Fairlane-Torinos,
    2,385 were Ranchero GT's, of them,
    183 came with 428-4V CJ Ram Air Engines.
    101 of those had C-6 Automatic Transmissions

After that they get into the options...
    Line 5 on mine is; of the 101 or 183 (not sure), the the number of cars painted Brittany Blue (3)
    line 6 is of those 3, 2 had bench seats
    line 7 is, of those 2, 1 had forced ventilation

Kind of Interesting side note, While I was restoring Brittany, I found the other Brittany Blue, Vinyl Blue Bench seat car.
    Muscle Car of the Week #79
    1969 Ford Ranchero GT 428 Cobra Jet Video Muscle Car Of The Week #79 - YouTube

There are a few interesting Ranchero's in that collection. Including the only 2 supercharged 57's.

15. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That 1957 'F' code option was quite interesting, as it was usually associated with the '57 2-door sedans almost exclusively. The ragtops, wagons and Rancheros hardly saw it added.

16. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Well here's a copy of my Marti report. It lists 102 with these engine trans codes. Hmmmm.
    I know we touched on this before and I did contact Marti but never got anything back as far as a answer. 101 or 102 less than 1% difference.
    Yours is a top line Marti , I just went for the mid "grade" so not broken down as far.

Andy those F codes are definitely a different combo.

Well off to the Cabin for weekend and then stop by body shop next week, see what else is painted.

Attached Files:

17. PonyExpressRider

The marti Report is good information... Kind of odd that they would come up with different numbers. Doesn't do much for their credibility. Ran into the same issue with Ford Customer Service. Marti report said one number, while the information provided by Ford said something different. While they are supposedly using the same data base. When you order the Premium package, you get two reports actually. The one you received and the Framed report.

Attached Files:

18. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Agreed some good info in them. Numbers only as good as someone entering them.
    Maybe get the premium at some point.

19. PonyExpressRider

I asked for it for Christmas... made it easier to justify the money. LOL

20. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

PER that's one way to do it.
    Went to the shop yesterday here's pic of bed painted. They had the car wet sanded and were painting the fenders. bed painted.jpg

PonyExpressRider and Boiler92 like this.