70/71 Headlight Adjuster

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Basstrix, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Do any of you have a PN/Source for these? I mostly need the part that attaches to the headlight stand. There appear to be 2 styles based on what's installed on my red car and what came off of one of my parts cars. One is a direct replacement of the original and has a square base. The other requires removal of a sheetmetal bracket which leaves a rectangular hole. I've checked the usual places and haven't had any luck.

2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Does it look like this?

https://www.npdlink.com/product/screw-and-nut-headlight-adjusting-22-does-one/101573?backurl=search/products?search_terms=headlight%2Badjuster%2Bscrew%2Bretaining%2Bnut%2Bnut&top_parent=200001&year=

The part number indicates it is for Ford Truck - not uncommon. A lot of Ford parts cross body styles and models and in later years they cross referenced all parts via the OSI to the most popular vehicle line that the part applied to even though applicable to many other models.

My parts stores have them or similar on the "Help!" display...

3. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

It would if it didn't have the ears on either side...looks like you can drill the stand and attach those. The wide version has spring loaded clips. I tried one from Napa and it wouldn't pass through the opening in the stand (too tall).

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

From the 30's to the mid-80's, headlights were headlights, and were adjusted with the same hardware. Pretty much.