70 Front Spoiler ???

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Steve B, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Steve B

Steve B In First Gear

Any recommendations on a good quality, great deal Front Spoiler for a 70 Ranchero?
    I like the looks, but the pictures of a couple advertised sure look like cheap plastic. Would like to get some advice on quality and durability once mounted. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Steve B and HuevosRanchero like this.
  3. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

They look nice, pretty easy to mount and will find dips and pot holes and break. Mine lasted about a year and is off the car to see if it can be saved. My Ranchero is stock ride height with stock sized wheels.

Steve B likes this.
  4. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

^^^X2!

Keep in mind that the more rigid and well constructed the more damage it will do to the rest of the car when you clip something with it. They are designed to be relatively break away for the reason that you can (and will) catch a speed bump, or parking lot curb, or a steep transition into a driveway and it will break - but better it breaks than you rip the lower valence off the car, distort the lower leading ends and corners of your fenders and the major woe all that causes. FWIW, YMMV, JMHO.

Written from 'sperience - lost several of them on a 70's Mach 1 - wirty dords abunch.

Steve B likes this.
  5. pronkie1

pronkie1 In Third Gear

Here’s the one that came on our 71

Attached Files:

6. Steve B

Steve B In First Gear

Very nice looking rigs. Thanks for the pics.
    Hard to beat a Rag Top when the weathers nice.

Attached Files:

pronkie1 likes this.
  7. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Fourth Gear

They are a semi rigid plastic.
    I put one on a friends 70 Torino GT the winter of 2015 and it's still on the car and he even moved from New Jersey to South Florida and had the car transported south.
    I think they look awesome even if it's just a piece of textured black plastic.
    The owner of this car drives the car more frequently now that he lives in Florida and no longer has to store it in garage for the winter months and drives it all year long.
    I'm sure he is careful on speed bumps regardless of chin spoiler but it's still intact where I put it all those years ago.
    Last photo was when I installed it winter of 2015 before I installed the hideaway headlight grille which he bought and had me restore and install.

Attached Files:

Steve B and Jeff B like this.
  8. Steve B

Steve B In First Gear

Thanks for that info Jeff @ Rods N Restos. I got to look at one of these New Years Day on a Mach 1. It didn't look like the thin black plastic, but it was, and looked great. As you state this owner had installed it a couple years ago and it had held up well. I'm sold on it and going to order one.

Rods N Restos likes this.