72-79 Bed Trim Removal

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Reference & Articles' started by Rancherous, Jan 27, 2008.

1. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

dont forget to tell them that the back window has to come out to loosen up head liner...:D

2. Ran Man

Ran Man In Third Gear

I have a 72 Ranchero 500 that has the ford emblem on the tailgate. It is not the individual ford letters but is on a Black panel with Ford on it in chrome. Does anyone know what type of clips I need for this? My crappy body guy put it on with double sided tape and it is coming off.

3. russosborne

russosborne In Fourth Gear

If I don't care about the headliner, about where are the nuts for the roof corner pieces?
    Thanks,
    Russ

4. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

i actually was able to (due to old headliner glue) able to pull up the skinny edges of the headliner material and access the 2 nuts per corner piece which are directly in the inside corners accessible only through the access holes cut into the skin framework of the roof panel. A ROYAL PIA to get out without losing the nuts.... and a test of the patience of Jobe to put back in. NEVER AGAIN!!! (i hope)

5. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Once you get corners exposed you can see the nuts with flash light.Sometimes nuts are covered with sealant,clean them and spay with PB blaster.I used 1/4 wobley extension to get at them.5/16-11/32 socket?Hopefully studs wont spin.Use sealant when install,just another water intrusion point on our rancheros.Good luck!

HuevosRanchero likes this.