'72 GT What should we do??

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Rtr, May 5, 2018.

1. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Agreed, I hope you don't feel discouraged by the responses. We would much rather paint you an honest picture than see you put a lot of money in it expecting a nice flip profit. But as a restore-for-yourself, it is definitely a keeper!

2. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

351m is a destroked 400 born of the smog era orignal 351c has a lot more performance potential and is 1000% more desirable

3. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Sentimental value aside, you could sell it as a parts car or part it out and take the money and put it towards a good daily driver with a good foundation to work on while still being able to drive it.

4. Rtr

Rtr In First Gear

I understand what you're all saying. I just figured the car would be worth around $2500 to $3000 as it is being its a 1-year model and a GT. Hopefully I can get some time in the next month or so to get it out from back there closer to our shop (wish I had a lift) where we have a pit and look at it closer. We buy/sell/trade antique tractors and refurbish them; so that takes up most of the time with a full time job too. Right now we have over 120 tractors and buy all the time so yeah, we stay busy.

5. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Maybe there's a guy at the end of the rainbow that will pay that, but realistically it needs to be driveable to see $2500 most likely. Looking forward to hearing how it all plays out though!

6. JKG-R500

JKG-R500 In Third Gear

Hey! Hey! Hey! Do we have a final chapter on this fascinating story? Or happiness would be to hear it is still alive and active.:)

7. uk ranchero

uk ranchero In Second Gear

a lot better than mine when i first got it

8. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

I think he was scared off as he has not been back since the May 10th post.

9. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

I see Alabama plates on that Ranchero. If you are near Huntsville, I can tell you where to get really good restoration help with that '72.