72 ranchero gt upper window moldings

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by lyndog, Feb 8, 2012.

1. lyndog

lyndog In First Gear

Whats the proceedure for removing the door upper window trim moldings on my 72 ranchero gt ...

thanks... all the other molding are done thanks to the great responses...:rolleyes:

2. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

There are screws under the weatherstrip you have to remove weatherstrip remove screws and carefully remove the drip rails

3. E's67ranchero

E's67ranchero In Second Gear

Hi I use a 2 pointed molding tool to work it off. The chorme just snaps over the edge. Now to get it start'ed get a peace of hardwood' oak' hard maple' walnut and cut it down to 3/4"x3/4"1' long. Make sure you have a good strate cut on one or both Ends. Take the wood open the door and you should feel the edge where it snaps over the door. Start on the open side of the door. Take the block of wood and lay it up next to the edge of the trim----push it up tight to the chrome peace and tap it light'ly with the your plam. This should get it started over the edge.-----Now this dose not MEAN beat the he-- out of it go easy and it will come off there. If you are not going to paint it put some tape along there to keep from mesing up your paint. If you have the trim tool sometimes you can hook it where you have it started and slide it along there and it will come off. If not use the wood. Like i said just go easy take your time and dont force it . This is how i have done it many times it work's for me. Someone may have a better way and if they do i hope thet post it. There is a lot of good help here. God Bless :)

4. paparoscoe

paparoscoe In Overdrive

Diddo.................

5. E's67ranchero

E's67ranchero In Second Gear

:rolleyes:My bad wrong year wrong peace. Sorry. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  6. lyndog

lyndog In First Gear

triim

no problem...got it with the screws....but now I know how to take off the other year...thanks pal....:)

7. lyndog

lyndog In First Gear

thanks chero..thats what I thought....love the help...:)