73 Squire project car owner in So Cal

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Monk Daveohue, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Monk Daveohue

Monk Daveohue In Second Gear

Well, exactly 8 weeks after I registered, I got full premissions today.
    I guess that is one way to keep out the riff raff. :)
    I want to thank the one member that expedited that for me. Or at least tried to. Handy Andy.
    And for his technical support in the interim.

I bought a 73 Ranchero Squire at an on line estate auction two months ago.
    It was orginally from the Houston area then went to the So Cal High desert in 1990.
    It's been off the road since 1997.
    I almost didn't buy it. It had the wrong front clip, one from a 74 on it. I was afraid there was going to be
    some problem with the title. But the paper work turned out to be solid.
    I'm going to post pictures on the "Stable Forum"
    But, my luck being the way it is, it appears the 302 engine in it is bad.
    So I'll just mention any help finding me a good engine to get me moving will be appreciated.
    I have a Mercruiser 888 with a 302 four barrel from 1978 that I have been keeping "for just such an occasion" as Foghorn Leghorn used to say. leftfront.jpeg

2. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Welcome to the forum. We are used to things that have sat for a while and you never know what you will find until you look. Previous owners can be straight up great folks, missing in action or something in the middle. Best of luck with your project.

3. Monk Daveohue

Monk Daveohue In Second Gear

Well, the owner passed on. He kept every receipt for the 7 years in the 1990's when he drove it, even the silicone he used to try to seal the windshield. I hope it works. It actually is raining today and tomorrow. The gas mileage calculations show 15 to 18 mpg.

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Well, you're quite welcome. And BTW, the MPGs are in the correct range for a 302-2V engine.

5. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome, looks like a good one to bring back.