76 Ranchero

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by H8IMPORTS, Jun 8, 2011.

1. H8IMPORTS

H8IMPORTS In First Gear

I'm new here. Just picked up a 76 Ranchero and its going to need some parts. Mainly a grille and maybe some chrome trim. I mean it needs a lot of stuff but the stuff I don't have or can't get locally is the grille and trim peices. lol My wife hates this thing. I like it. I like older cars. I have a 67 Mustang GTA I need to restore as well. I just bought this and it cranks and runs. It has set up for about 3 months. The guy who owned it died and willed it to his grand son and he didn't want it so I bought it and I plan on fixing it up. I have no intentions of selling it unless I could swap it for a older car that would seat 4 people since I have 2 kids. Right not it will be just me and my son riding in this and my wife can drive my 92 5.0 Mustang coupe. Anyway here are the pics I have of it right now. These where took at the guys house we got it from. I will take some more when I get it cleaned up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 2beast

2beast In Third Gear

Welcome aboard.
    It looks pretty solid so it should fix up well :cool:

Greg

3. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Once you make it pretty she will like it.

4. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Nice soild car. Will look awesome when done. I have owned mine for 30 yrs and the wife still don't really like it (but she helps me keep it rollin $$$$) but it keeps me happy so she don't care. Welcome aboard!!! :D

5. Brian Loula

Brian Loula In Fourth Gear

Welcome aboard, Nice looking solid truck. It looks like you have a good foundation to begin your endevor. Feel free to ask for input, help & advice no matter how trivial it may seem. We all have been there. As far as your parts needs, I have a grill & misc. trim pcs. if you can't find them. I have owned a 74 GT, 76 500, & now have a 73 500 & 79 Squire Good luck on your project. Oh ya, we like pics.

6. billg72469

billg72469 In Fourth Gear

If we had to ask ower wives if we could have a ranchero , we wouldn't have a ranchero. Mine wants to know if they all look like pcs of crap, no just mine, but it won't stay like that. Lets see what they think after it is done.

7. Bart68

Bart68 In Second Gear

My wife doesn't like mine either, I think it must be a hate/tolerate thing with them but oh well.

Looks like a nice body to start with, clean it up and lets have a better look at it.

8. drlance

drlance In Fourth Gear

After 11 years my wife has always liked my 79. She especially likes the way it rides.
    Right now she just wishes I would finish the bodywork so I can put a new A/C unit in it!!!

9. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome, and the Chero looks like it is very solid, and i'm sure all the wife's like the cars, they just don't like us spending money on other things than them:rolleyes:

10. Torkair

Torkair In Maximum Overdrive

It's kinda funny that everyone elses wives hate their Rancheros, mine hates the Torino but likes the Ranchero... I think she might just be a keeper :)

You're Ranchero there will look really nice even with just a bath and a little TLC.

11. H8IMPORTS

H8IMPORTS In First Gear

Thanks! I will need some parts. LoL I will make a list. I need a gas tank, grille, transmission dip stick and a tailgate. The tailgate is rusted on the bottom. It might could be fixed. That's about the only rust I have found. I found the trim pieces I was looking for. They where behind the seat. Lol.

My wife likes cars and she likes to drag race. For some reason she don't like the Ranchero. I don't care! Me and my little boy likes it and that's all that matters. Lol

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the 500, GT and the squire? My vin pulls up as a GT and it says GT in the grille but what makes it special? Anything?

I will take more pics tomorrow.

12. Brian Loula

In a nutshell, the 500 was the base model, GT was the sporty model, & the Squire was the luxury model. Nothing special on the GT except the stripes, White letter G70-14 tires, twin body colored sport mirrors,chrome metal accents on the accel. ,brake, & emerg. peddles, vinyl cargo compartment flaps(also on the Squire). No special eng. or suspension. All options could be had on any model. 9,958-500's, 4,942-GT's,& 1,172-Squires. Thats the short of it. Someone chime in if I left any major thing out.

13. Brian Loula

1976 PRODUCTION figures & specifics.

14. john777

john777 In Overdrive

THE FRIGGIN HOOD!!!!!!!!!:D

15. Brian Loula

What about it?

16. H8IMPORTS

H8IMPORTS In First Gear

Ok thanks! I plan on painting it and I found some stripes for the side of it for 50.00 on here. Guess that's the GT stripeing? lol

Whats different about the hood? I would love to have the hood with the scoop on it. Also I saw a Ranchero with hide-a-away headlights. I would love to have that on mine. lol

I will take more pics tomorrow. It is raining here now.

Thanks for all the info!!!!!

17. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

I should have at least one complete grill down in the shop.

18. Brian Loula

The infamous GT scooped hood was unique to the '72 Gt Rancheros & Gran Torino sports. Unfortunetly '73-'79 Gts did not come with them. They can be grafted to them thou, & if you are lucky enough to find the CJ Shaker style scoop found on the '70-'71 torino/ranchero, they can be used too. Be prepared to spend big money,for them.

19. john777

john777 In Overdrive

You left it out, thats all.:D

20. Brian Loula

His orig. post he was refering to his 1976, that's all