'76 speedo cluster, tach & clock

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts for Sale LINKS' started by beerbelly, Nov 9, 2017.

1. rancheromac

rancheromac In Third Gear

Hi Dan, do you know where I can find the speedo gauge ? I have the cable from a 78 mark 5. it was a 351m w/fmx the c6 is also the long shaft from same car. or do I even need to change cable ? thanks for info, you and aquartlow have given me such great help over the years on this very long project ! (money & time)

2. rancheromac

rancheromac In Third Gear

I thought 78;s did not have ammeter? If I keep my 79 tach and just replace speedo, and plan on a volt meter gauge, is it just a plug and play?

3. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

The speedo gauge you are looking for will be out of any 72-76 torino/ranchero/montego and 74-76 cougar/elite with a rally gauge package (that is if you going the junkyard route. As far as knowing someone with one I do not. All the rally gauge package cars had an ammeter from 72-thu 79. Just remember the graphics on the 72-76 are different from the 77-79. if you want it it look all the same get yourself a complete cluster from the 74-76 era cars.

4. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Overdrive

Did the Canadians use kph speedometer gauge back then? Wouldn't that be similar to a 120 or 140 mph gauge?

5. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Yes they did. The 77-79 speedometer was a duel measurement gauge.