77-79 blinker lens

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts for Sale LINKS' started by Giska1, May 8, 2010.

1. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

2. Shrek

Shrek In Second Gear

HOLY SMOKE!!

I would think that some inventive young /old folks would take some time to manufacture a few of these at the prices they're going at!!

Bid's at $81 for ONE Driver's side lens...and it hasn't made the Reserve yet...good grief.

3. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

But that one is close to nos as you are going to find used....and yes the bring bring big bucks.

4. 73GTS

73GTS In Third Gear

Glad I found a mint one at Carlisle for $10:eek:

5. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

Dead post I know, but lord almighty. Been noticing how much these things have been going for here and there. Going to a few pick a parts this weekend. Need one for myself but I'm going to see if I can get a few to offer up. Might help pay for the work I need done on the car.

6. Giska1

It can pay for a new engine and tranny then :D at these prises:eek:

7. Giska1

8. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

I think I paid all of $5 for the one I picked up a few years ago at the pick a part. If there's a few there I'll pick them up, keep a full set + 1 PS lens, and offer them up for a non-ridiculous price. Looks like my ranchero was hit along the PS and they didn't repair the nose piece properly so the PS lens doesn't fit in the slot properly. Add another thing for me to fix.

9. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

10. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

I know I've seen multiple sets in the past (multiple decent condition rancheros. ltd's, and cougars). There's 3 pick-a-parts within a few miles of my place and we're going to go to all of them, if necessary, on saturday to see what we can find. I don't have a huge amount of cash and I do need some things for my car, but if I can find a couple of them to sell for near the same price as yours just sold for, then I can afford to go back to get more. Was originally thinking of reupholstering my split bench myself, and learning the process of it, but if I find another LTD II/Cougar with the plush split bench in the right color I'm grabbing them. Also need some door panels. Anyway, will have lots of fun crawling the salvage yards I'm sure. I'll throw out a post with any extra pieces I find on sunday.

11. Fomoco8

Fomoco8 In Maximum Overdrive

Good luck with your search....Keep a set for yourself if possible...THe damn things always seem to get dinged at the worst possible time....I saw one sell to a New Zealander for $181.00 US on E pay,,,,,High end,,yes but it can happen!!

12. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

Yeah, I've lost the PS one a few times already, but that's mainly due to that area of the car being in an old accident and wasn't repaired properly, so it never sits in there right. I was planning on getting a full set plus an additional PS as that is the one I am missing now. Anything over that will go up. I doubt the lenses will sell for that high a price, but as long as I make more then what I paid for them I'll be happy. Whatever profit I make off of any of the parts I find will go towards more ranchero improvement.

13. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

Well we went to 2 of the salvage yards and the first one had no rancheros or similar cars. The second one had 1 78 and one 72. Pulled the bumper off the 78 as it was in pristine condition and the shifter collar off the 72. Nothing else was worth taking. Going to go to another 2 after payday.

14. Giska1

Was there no front on the 72, grille, grille soround or moulding:confused:
    I need a good grille moulding and the grill and soround makes good $$$:D

15. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

Nope. The 72 was pretty stripped. Wasn't even thinking about the shifting collar but the wheel and everything was removed so we saw it and remembered we needed it. I'll keep an eye out when I go next time.