77-79 reproduction lenses.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by RickMc, Aug 26, 2020.

1. RickMc

RickMc In Second Gear

2. Freestyle Don

Freestyle Don In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

Reason to authenticate? Are you looking to purchase? Either way, why not contact the seller, his contact info is listed with the ad. He`s in the Netherlands.

3. Lincolnut

Lincolnut In Third Gear

If he is right and these were not made by Ford, they have the Ford Logo on the outside, They could be trouble with Fake items using the Ford Logo.......Even at that price I would have trouble buying them and importing them to the USA after he said they are not made by Ford.......

4. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That seems like big money for something that doesn't fit right...

5. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Or a scam - hard to get your money back from someone overseas...

6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, repro or not, nearly six Benjis is too high a price. A good set of used do not exceed $200 (yet), so keep your eyes open. Give Craigzilla.com a try, see if someone pops up somewhere in the US with a set.

Lincolnut likes this.
  7. RickMc

RickMc In Second Gear

For most of the reasons others have said. Just wondering if there are other ways checking on a seller with no history, not opposed to contacting but if it is a scam I'm sure he will not admit it. Yes,a back up set would be nice, it wouldn't be the first time the lens decides to fall off. Thanks for the reply

8. RickMc

RickMc In Second Gear

Little much for me, but if I had no other choice it would be nice if someone is producing a set. Thanks for the tip.

9. RickMc

RickMc In Second Gear

I noticed that and thought the same thing.

Lincolnut likes this.
  10. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

Well, he is pretty upfront about them being reproductions, they look like they were painted by 5yo. He is just asking too much for them, i imagine they are pretty labor intensive to make and just wants to make it worth his while. As previously said, cheaper originals come up.

Reading the listing, sounds like he just made a mold from originals and picked up the logo off of those and didnt delete it from his mold, agree, could be legal issues selling fakes with logos on them.

Lincolnut likes this.
  11. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole if he isn't an officially licensed vendor from Ford. It will cost him way more than they are worth when the lawyers find him. Innocent but dumb move on his part.

Lincolnut likes this.
  12. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

13. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I saw an ad somewhere (FB Messenger?) of someone selling a lens only, great condition, but $325-350, IIRC. Damned speculator.

14. thebruins

thebruins In Third Gear

I ran into these reproductions as well on a local ad website a few weeks ago, he’s been on there for over 6 years, check out https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1584213870

If you want to go for it and want a doublecheck or something I don’t mind helping you out, it’s not very far away from where I live

15. RickMc

RickMc In Second Gear

Guy out of Arizona selling for 395.00 plus 25 for shipping. Its a right side very clean
    That's a cool product! Thanks

16. RickMc

RickMc In Second Gear

Guy out of Arizona has a complete right side, wants 395 plus shipping. Very clean looks almost NOS, still a little much for me, if anyone is interested look up John Roach.