79 Found In A Shed Last Fall

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by SQUIRE79, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Clays69Ranchero

Clays69Ranchero In Second Gear

Nice

That is a beautiful original Ranchero, great find!!. It's too bad that was the last year for the Ranchero. What was Ford thinking!:(

Clay

2. SQUIRE79

SQUIRE79 In Second Gear

The Trim Is Crooked , Some Of It Is Peiced Together,the Pics Look Really Good , But ,when You Get Close It Has A Few Imperfections. I Can't Say Too Much Because The Man Who Started It Passed Away And Thats Why I Have It.

3. rwitt

rwitt In Maximum Overdrive

Well squire, it's still a very nice looking truck. Imperfections?..... You should see mine. :) We've all got 'em. About two weeks after mine got painted, me and a buddy were sitting on the tailgate when the cables broke. Tailgate fell on to the bumper and put two nice little dents into the tailgate.:mad:

4. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

Good looking car! Looks like it's in excellent shape. I agree all old cars have something that needs fixed or touched up. Thats what I like about mine, it has a LOT that needs done. Until I get new paint I try not to go slower than 25 mph.

5. rancheromeister

rancheromeister In Overdrive

how about some interior pics? and a copy of your Marti report? thanks for sharing, we're enjoying your good fortune with you :cool: JD

6. SQUIRE79

SQUIRE79 In Second Gear

Marti

I Only Have The Minimum Report For Now And I Don't Know If You Can Read It Like This . Thanks For Asking.

Attached Files:

7. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Very nice interior! You have the T-bird door panels (very nice). I like those better than the standard issue ones you found in most rancheros.

8. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

yeah me too... would love a pair of those in black.. i like the control layout for the windows and such...just looks more comfy and less like cheap vinyl over pasteboard.. :D

9. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

That looks like the '79 1/2 interior package IIRC... super nice! This one is a keeper for certain! :)

10. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

Yessiree, Very cozy interior. Just filler up and drive.:D

11. rancheromeister

Somebody special ordered that one, to be optioned like that. Probably had some dealer-installed options, too. I'm guessing the steering wheel was replaced, probably because of the cruise control buttons being bad. The buttons weren't available separate from the steering wheel until about '82-83or so. A leather-wrapped wheel was over $200, or close to that. Grant saw an opportunity, an started making add-on cruise buttons for their wheels about'83 or '84. I'm fairly sure the Grant G/T steering wheel, with the cruise control buttons, was standard on the first Saleen Mustangs. I've wondered if the Grant buttons could be adapted to the Ford 3 spoke steering wheel.(used on Mustang II Mach 1s, Cobras, and Rancheros) . Definitely order the Elite report with window sticker on that one! Marti applies already paid fees toward your upgrade. That interior's in great shape! Thanks again for sharing. :) JD

12. rancheromeister

I remember seeing some new LTDII's that color from '77-'79, so it should have been available. That color was darker than this one. A lot of '82 Mustang GTs
    came in that color. JD

13. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

14. Dan the ranchero man

ranchero color

The color is Autum firemist metallic.

15. SQUIRE79

SQUIRE79 In Second Gear

The Original Color Was Almost Maroon And I Found The Controls From The Original Wheel In My Spare Parts But The Wheel Is Not There.i May Check With The Lady I Bought It From, I Remember Some Steering Wheels Hanging On The Wall Of The Garage. When I Got This I Wondered If It Was A Good Deal, You Guys Are Making Me Feel Pretty Good About It About Now. I Also Have A Few Different Armrests And Other Interior Parts That Lead Me To Beleive Some Parts Were Swapped.the Carpet Seems To Have Come Out Of A Car.

16. rancheromeister

I was referring to the question about candyapple red, not this color. The Autumn Firemist Metallic is often incorrectly referred to as candyapple red, as some aftermarket metallic red candies have been named in the past. JD

17. Dan the ranchero man

The red color I have on my 79 now is a G.M. color called red garnet pearl (mostly seen on caddy's). That is very close to the Ford color. Everytime I brought this car to a show or was just out and about I would get a lot of thumbs up. But everyone would call it candyapple red. That will be the same color I use when the resto is finished,

18. SQUIRE79

SQUIRE79 In Second Gear

79 Goes To Prom

My Son Kyle's German Foreign Exchange Student Girlfriend ANNA Asked To Go To The Prom In My Squire. How Could I Say No?

Attached Files:

19. Dan the ranchero man