'93 F250 5.8 power loss

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by handy_andy_cv64, Sep 17, 2020.

1. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I changed the starter in my 73 Chero in a department store parking lot, in 40 degree weather, in a downpour, with a river of rain water washing past me the entire time. Dropped it due to slipperiness and barely got out of the way fast enough to avoid it breaking my pretty face. Hell, everyone who's worked on cars more than oil changes has fun stories. Points on the ol' man card.

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I sat on the inner fenders of a 1970 GMC 2-ton flatbed and changed the rocker arms and push rods on the side of I-75 outside of Flint after buying the parts and some tools at small parts store I found about a mile walk away. I over revved it on a downshift hauling too much weight. In my defense, I was 17.

ForistellFord likes this.
  3. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Third Gear

Probably the worst I had was a 48 1/2 ton panel van That had A couple of worn valve stems. The collets would come off now and then. No problem to remove the inlet manifold and the spark plug on the offending cylinder , jam the valve in place with a screwdriver , find the collets in the oil in the valley , use another couple of screwdrivers to lift the spring and put the collets back in! Had to watch you didn’t slip and get a finger caught under the spring ! Gotta love a flathead V8.
    Denis.

ForistellFord likes this.
  4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I went to do a Granada starter by driving the right side wheels onto the curb and a couple 2X6 pieces and shinnying under. Just as I begin the swap, a downpour moved in; because I was laying in the gutter next to the curb, I got washed with a torrent of water for several minutes (the car was facing downhill).

5. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

You've had a bad week. Get your mask yet?