A/C Compressor Upgrade Kit

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by MIKESTANATOR, Jun 13, 2019.

1. MIKESTANATOR

MIKESTANATOR In Second Gear SILVER MEMBER

I found a A/C Compressor Upgrade Kit on Original Air which is for 75-76 Torino/74-79 Cougar and 77-79 Thunderbird. I have a 78 Ranchero GT that was a factory air car. For whatever reason they took all the AC parts out before I got it. This kit isn't cheap but also I do not think it has everything I'll need. Anyone have any familiarity with this kit, or know of a better one? I think the most important question would be, would that even fit the Ranchero?

https://originalair.com/74-79-couga...or-cars-originally-equipped-with-yorktecumseh

2. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Overdrive

I'm not familiar with this company but the vehicles you mentioned are exact match for 77-79 Ranchero except some parts with automatic temp control option.

3. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

Mike, I have been looking at that company as well as others on my list of day dreams. The nice thing about the retro fits (in general) is that the big assed box protruding into your engine bay is eliminated as it is all encapsulated under the dash. All of the systems seem to be very similar it's just the little bits that are different and the price is +/- $100 for similar models. At which point you are looking for customer service and tech assistance bonifieds. When my dash comes out it's not going back in unless there is an AC, heat & defrost module under there. FWIW the kit you have linked requires all the crap under the dash and in the fire wall that you said they tore out.

Cheers,

Doc