A few more pic's of my girl

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Pookieja, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That thing is really nice.

3. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

very nice ride ,more pictures

4. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Sweet!great to see another 67!far and few between,it’s in great shape,is that how you bought it?

5. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

purchased thru Mecum auction and yes it was already sharp but i have added item's that needed freshening up like fender emblems, inner door armrests & pull handles, courtesy door light's and an original 8 track player that my Marty report stated it came with new. it took awhile to find the 8-track player to match correctly but it was worth it. protronic's for ignition, new wires and other item's to just spruce her up

6. Saff54

A10EB4FF-49A3-44F6-8542-C1D7DC117068.jpeg Wow Pookie ,8 track? Mine came with an AM radio,which of course wasn’t there,someone hacked it up and stuck a grundig cassette player that didn’t work,looked all over for an AM radio which mine had originally and New dash bezel,lenses which were trashed,riogrande out of California has /had a ton of 67 parts,look him up if your looking for anything specific,nice to have another 67 at the forum! A10EB4FF-49A3-44F6-8542-C1D7DC117068.jpeg

cbolt likes this.
  7. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Very nice, drive it proud.

8. Saff54

Pookie,send me a pic of the 8 track player please ,would like to see it!also if your clock has the origional knob?my clock actually keeps time but the knob is missing,would like to get something close if not the origional style

9. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

Yeah thanks mine has an original AM radio also it does work but pretty staticie. I have extra bed rails stainless & bright that does not have the bed cover brabs buttons. I may switch them out cause I don't have a tanneau cover but i may purchase one later on. I kind of like that look.
    Also thanks for the info on riogrande cal. Always looking for extra stuff.

10. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

OK I'll take a pic of the clock knob for you.
    My clock dosent work. I havent tried to fix it as of yet.

11. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

The clocks are actually pretty easy to fix, and there is a lot of information and how-to videos on fixing a dash clock. Generally they have corrosion on the contacts that needs to be removed. I fixed mine and now my clock works, but I cannot set it because the gears that attach to the knob and move the gears are completely stripped.

Pookieja there are folks out there who take your original AM radio and make them into AM/FM Bluetooth compatible modern radios. Ill post a video of mine when I find it. One of the best upgrades you can do in my opinion.

Hey Pookie, did you view this video a year ago? Someone named pookiemypookie123 asked a question on the video link

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  12. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

13. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

Thanks for the info on the clock repair I would like to fix mine I just haven't really had time . I did see the video on how to make your am radio into Bluetooth AM/fm radio And I believe it Had other cool options.
    My issue was I believe it cost $699.. I don't blame the gentleman or people who restores them for the cost. it's just a bit steep to me.
    And yes that is my call letters for YouTube.. I have surfed YouTube multiple times for great ideas and how to videos. Some videos are extremely informative others not so much but it definitely takes time to create the video I give them all kudos.

14. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

here is a few pic's of the 8 track i purchased and some still for sale on e-bay..i have not installed mine as of yet, i'm trying to find out exactly where it's suppose to be mounted. My Marti report show that it was an under dash mount but i haven't found any pic's of exact mounting location without interfering with glove box opening or console. any 8 track 1.jpg 8 track 2.jpg 8 track 3.jpg 8 track.jpg help would be great..

15. Saff54

Didn’t realize it was only an 8 track,thought it would have had and AM too,everything was an option back then!

16. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

Yes that true..i still have some 8 track somewhere to use just for nostalgia. Even it it doesnt work it'll look cool.

Cindy likes this.
  17. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

I hope this helps, the ridges 67 clock.jpg on the side of the knob looks the same as the radio

18. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

Nice ride there, welcome to the forum!

19. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

Thank you davis..

20. Saff54

Perfect thanks pookie