American Icons

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by trikar, Oct 7, 2006.

1. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

[​IMG]
    Great Shot!

2. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

This area is chock full of historic buildings and sites...ICONS they`re called???

3. trikar

I would say that is a true symbol of Americana.

4. Yeah, the country buildings and "small town America" look is certainly iconic.

5. blastmaster

blastmaster In Third Gear

New icon for 2006= In & Out Burger. West Coast only but off the hook.
    I had first White Castle last month in St Louis. It was allight but not all that,Must be east coast thing.
    A&W is making a come back here but they all have KFC in them.

Hires Root Beer- now thats truely a us icon.
    Mustang, thats and icon
    Route 66 thats and icon.

6. trikar

Next time down the mountain, I plan on getting a few pictures along Route 66.

7. In and Out is in Vegas (on Tropicana just off the interstate) and Phoenix (I think). That's as far East as I've seen em.

There's one in Pomona on historic rte 66. My wife and I used to sit in my 74 lincoln with some Double-Double's, animal style of course, and watch the rods roll by. Good times.

8. nsr

nsr Guest

Went to the Great Smokey Mountains this weekend for some backpacking.
    [​IMG]

9. gcrowell

gcrowell Guest

Trikar, how did you drop your front end....did you cut your springs, or drop spindles? Also, tell me about tire/wheel size..type, etc. I like the stance of your car.

10. That's not trikar's, its mine. And that's the way it's always been. But after the accident the other day, I don't know where it's at.

[ October 23, 2006, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: saxegotha ]

11. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Greg you can alter the stance with the tires. For instance RED has 235x60x15's on the front and on the back 285x75x15

12. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

That's not trikar's, its mine. And that's the way it's always been. But after the accident the other day, I don't know where it's at.

++++++++++++++

Could be due to saggy front coils. I just put new springs in my '71, and am somewhat dismayed at how much that raised the front -- now I gotta take them out again and do some cutting.

In addition to having one original spring lower than the other, both of my spring perches were completely shot -- replacing just those probably accounts for 1"+ of height gain.

13. Saggy or not, I like the profile too. I'll leave it that way until I actually need to do something about it.

But look at this pic, profile doesn't look so low in this one:

[​IMG]

14. Tim70ranchero

Tim70ranchero In Overdrive

i kinda like the stand tall & be proud look. yeah its old school, but so tuff. :cool:

15. boss351

boss351 Guest

The front springs on my 72 were getting a little low. So I replaced the front springs with stock springs for a big block, and that raised the front 2", so my 72 could stand tall & proud.
    You can call me old school. I just think they look tougher this way.

1972 Qvin code Ranchero GT 351CJ and Factory Auto.....Still coming together.

16. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

That Gasser look is awesome...... We actually need to replace the springs on the front of RED but Klaus isn't a bit excited about the job and he says it can wait....until he either feels better or it gets too low. Right now...its livable on RED. That is a major job for him at this point in time.

17. boss351

boss351 Guest

Replacing springs is a very big job. In fact, trying to compress the springs without them slipping out and killing you, or your health is not so good, makes it one of those jobs that it is almost worth taking it to a mechanic to get it done.

1972 Qvin code Ranchero GT, 351CJ and factory auto.......still coming together.

18. trikar

Here are some shots along Route 66 in San Berardino Ca. Bono's Orange stand in Realto Ca. and another Retro styled Mc Donald's along Route 66. It appears that all the Mc Donald's along Route 66 from San Bernardino into Los Angeles have been remodled in the Retro style as well as the Denny's all look like 1950 style Chrome finished Dinners.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. nsr

nsr Guest

I take it trikar that you've got your rig back together?

20. trikar

That is my '73, My 72 GT is the one I took to the desert.