American Icons

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by trikar, Oct 7, 2006.

1. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

I just moved my parents up to Los Osos, actually Baywood Park, they look right out at Morro Rock. SLO County and that they are! It must have been real slow going when you were there.

2. BlueOvals

BlueOvals In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, while I went there, I lived at Avila Beach in a "casita", shack really, $55 per month!! They are little condo kinda things now; can't imagine that, they were tineeee! Campus seemed more remote from the rest of the town, more rual. Because they were giving out degrees in "agricultural engineering", whatever that is, we called it Moo U. Or Cow Paddy instead of Cal Poly ;)

3. trikar

:D :D :D :D
    I ended up at USD, University of San Diego,they won the NCAA Mid-Major National Championship in Football last week for the second consecutive year.
    (NCAA DIV. 1AA Small Schools.) I wish we would have been that good when I played.

4. BlueOvals

BlueOvals In Maximum Overdrive

Coool!!! I finally ended up going to Humboldt State after I got out of the Army, got my degrees there. Never went to games much, the football team was not good when I was there in 70's. But there was a good semi-pro baseball team called the Humboldt Crabs [​IMG] BTW, have seen pics of your Chero on here, very nice!!! If I get down that way, I'll have to look you up, maybe cruise some of those American icons. Likewise if you are ever up near Tahoe, I live 50 miles away. Later.

5. MaryT

MaryT Guest

BUMP!! It's springtime, let's go exploring again! :D

6. rayell

rayell Guest

In Georgia the Big Boys were Shoneys Big Boy, And the White Castles were , and still are Krystals. Several Krystals are still in Macon. They are like potatoe chips:" You can't eat just one"

Ray

[ March 19, 2007, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: rayell ]

7. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Yes, I have been reduced to buying frozen White Castles. Close, but not the same. Besides, can't get onion rings with them.

But, it works in a pinch!

8. trikar

I need to get a working camera!

9. MaryT

MaryT Guest

When my Lady is done, the first place she's going to go is to the Chicken Ranch to have her picture taken [​IMG]

10. mary ..have u heard the latest....?? during march madness..they are selling deep fried white castles with cheese dipping sauce...YIKES...the daily requirement of fat in one bite!!!

11. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Hmmm...don't think I would be brave enough to try those. Just doesn't sound appetizing!

I like the old fashion ones [​IMG]

12. nsr

nsr Guest

Our state fair here had deep fried everything. Ever tried deep fried coke a cola? or deep fried candy bars?

13. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Oh that does not sound good at all!

14. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Koocanusa resevoir, half in canada, half in USA. Kootnai river = Koo, canada = can, and USA = usa. Bottom pic is what the cool indians rode.

15. nsr

nsr Guest

What's that......bicycles? :D

16. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

I had 12 bycycles a while ago. I just got my favorites now.

17. trikar

I have three bicycles that all cost more than my cars! I wish My health was better so I could do some riding again.

18. nsr

nsr Guest

Forgot to post this. Rockingham....on the way down to the Roundup this year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. trikar

How about some shot of it out on the track? :D

20. trikar

I'm just bumping it up to see that it was still here after the change over.