Anyone have a 57 for real and want a free model?

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Boiler92, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Got this with my recent purchase of a 69. Why the seller had it I have no idea.

If you have a 57 and want this model I will send it to you for free, lower 48. Just ask that you really do have a 57 and aren't looking to flip this to make $10 off me.

Attached Files:

2. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive

Well, that's when it all started... :)

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Funny thing about history Randy, what we have been indoctrinated to believe isn't always reality. We had factory Rancheros way longer than advertisers want us to believe. I must be ancient to remember things like this Mercury = old ranchero mercury ute.jpg

colnago likes this.
  4. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Third Gear

Hi Hillbilly , do you know where that photo was taken ? That sure looks like a New Zealand number plate . As you will know , these were Aussie built but a Merc would be super rare -- may have had the Merc front and trim fitted as I think all of the coupe utes { what the Aussies called them } were pretty much base models. Looks real nice though. I tried to find a 50 one of those , the year I was born , before I bought my 66 but they were rare and expensive at the time . Probably worse now !
    Denis.

5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Denis, it was taken in New Zealand by my Dad. I don't know the exact location as I wasn't on that trip. He told me it was indeed factory built with the Mercury trim. Finding the asking price today probably would cause a heart attack. old ranchero ute 1.jpg

Saff54 and Kiwirancher like this.
  6. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

I occasionally look at '61 Fords, the year I was born. Unfortunately, I already have my '64 and '67. I don't think Mama would be too happy with me if I brought home another project. The only thing I can figure is if somebody wanted to trade their '61 F100/F250 for my '67 F250.

Joseph

Kiwirancher likes this.
  7. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Third Gear

Thanks Hillbilly , yeah -- a heart attack I can do without so I won't bother looking either ! Quite happy with my " newer " 66.
    Denis.

colnago likes this.