Anyone Know "maxpeedingrods"?

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by colnago, Mar 10, 2019.

1. colnago

colnago In Fourth Gear

I was perusing the wares on eBay (I mean, I was looking through the Chinese junk, hoping to find a diamond that slipped through), and I found some roller lifters made by a company called "maxpeedingrods." They're based in the UK. Their lifters were about 1/3rd the price of Comp Cams, Lunati, etc. Anyone know them, in any manner? Good, bad, diamonds, junk? I can't see how their lifters can be any good for the price, but I had to ask. I found very mixed reviews on the 'net.

Joseph

2. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Fourth Gear

Can't help to chime in but the old say "you get what you pay for" is generally true. China crap is imported to a lot of markets...I specifically don't have any experience with that brand but I would be wary...

3. colnago

colnago In Fourth Gear

HA! I agree with you, "you get what you pay for." I do think it's funny that you have Godzilla as your avatar. I know; that's Japanese, not Chinese, but it's still funny.

Joseph

4. uk ranchero

uk ranchero In Second Gear

never herd of them ,but just looked at there website
    Y. Company Name:UAB Taurus Lithuania. Company Address: Vilniaus m. sav. Vilniaus m. Jogailos. 9, Vilnius, Lithuania.

5. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I have a friend who lives near there, off Hozagona. 5, Vilnius 34.

ForistellFord likes this.
  6. colnago

colnago In Fourth Gear

I did more Google searches yesterday. It seems that the more I search, the worse they look. I didn't really plan to use them, though. Yes, it is a less costly option than the major brands, but most likely a 'penny wise, pound foolish" option as well. Why risk an engine rebuild on a sub-sub-standard part?

Joseph

Carl Steinbarger likes this.
  7. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Fourth Gear

Well, there's some personal, "hidden" meaning to why I chose old Godzy, maybe like why a lot of certain avatars are chosen...and, if you notice, he doesn't have a right arm like me... :eek:

colnago likes this.